Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM Designer - end of life?

Level 2

We are looking at the future strategy for our forms (1400+ statewide use). They are currently developed in the desktop application AEM Designer 6.3. We do not use the full server Experience. I looked at the end-of-;life table and found something called "AEM (CQ) Forms" 6.0 and "AEM (CQ) All Capabilities" 6.1 - 6.4. Core support for 6.3 ends 4/30/2020. Is "AEM (CQ) All Capabilities 6.3" the same as AEM Designer 6.3? If so, is there something comparable - so, just for forms development, and not the full management suite - that we can migrate to?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

No AEM Forms Designer is not EOL. We just shipped AEM Forms Designer 6.5 with the AEM Forms 6.5 release

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

AEM forms Designer provides the full capabilities that you have had in Livecycle Designer. The latest one being AEM forms 6.4 Designer. The forms created in past in LC designer can very well be edited and extended further using the AEM forms Designer. Regarding the cost and Standalone availability of the software you can reach out to Adobe Sales (Contact us | Adobe ).

Thanks,

Mayank

Level 1

Will AEM Forms 6.4 Designer be available as a standalone product like LiveCycle Desiger has been in the past?  If so, how do I acquire a license?

Level 2

Thanks, Mayak, but that doesn't really answer my question:

"I looked at the end-of-life table and found something called "AEM (CQ) Forms" 6.0 and "AEM (CQ) All Capabilities" 6.1 - 6.4. Core support for 6.3 ends 4/30/2020. Is "AEM (CQ) All Capabilities 6.3" the same as AEM Designer 6.3"?

Employee Advisor

AEM(All) includes Sites, Forms, communities etc and the EOL applies to complete suite. Designer being one subset of Forms only.

Level 2

So, if I may restate your answer:

No, AEM (CQ) All Capabilities 6.3" does NOT include AEM Designer 6.3

AEM(All), however, includes Sites, Forms, communities etc and the EOL applies to complete suite. Designer being one subset of Forms only

Therefore, core support for AEM Designer 6.3 DOES NOT end on 4/30/2020

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Correct answer by
Level 9

No AEM Forms Designer is not EOL. We just shipped AEM Forms Designer 6.5 with the AEM Forms 6.5 release