Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM adaptive form development

Level 2

Hi guys,

I am learning AEM adaptive forms and I have following questions;

1. What is the best approach to develop adaptive form in case of large forms (approximately 30-40 pages)?

2. How different developer can work on a single form and merge their work for final form development?

3. What is the best approach to GET/POST data in json format in case of large forms with RDBMS database?

4. What is the best approach for form data prefil and submit in case of large form?

4. How to develop adaptive form custom components using IDE?

5. How to use CI/CD in AEM adaptive form development? And how to setup DEV/UAT/PROD environment in adaptive form development.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Is your data in the database in json format?

we support xml and json data formats

if your form is based on xsd schema you will have to use xml data to prefill your form

if your form is based on json schema or form data model you will have to use json data to prefill your form

i will send you links based on your answer

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Level 9

You can break large forms in adaptive form fragments

distribute the task amongst your team to develop fragments

assemble the fragments in the final form

when the form is based on form data model we generate the submitted data in json format

you can create form data model based on rdbms 

I will leave the others questions for others to answer for now

we provide a rich library of form components that can be used to build your form

Level 2
Thank you @GirishBedekar, can you please provide some more information regarding adaptive form prefil service by using json data format with servlet. I mean the data must be coming from a servlet with jdbc connection which will pre-populate the form fields. A code for the same will be more helpful.

Correct answer by
Level 9

Is your data in the database in json format?

we support xml and json data formats

if your form is based on xsd schema you will have to use xml data to prefill your form

if your form is based on json schema or form data model you will have to use json data to prefill your form

i will send you links based on your answer

Level 2
My data is in json format in database which I want to pre-populate on form. I need to know about how I can fetch data from database and return that data to forms for prefil purpose using servlet if servlet is a good approach for large data. Thanks.

Level 9
Are the users consuming the form internal to the organization?

Level 2
form consumption should be secure and only for authorized users. User will consume the form from the external web portal after successful login.

Level 9
If these are authenticated users you could use prefill service

Level 2
Can you please send me some code which I can test to get data from database and pre-populate the form using prefil service. That will be very helpful for me.