Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Sync assets between 6.4 and cloud env.

Level 2

so we are preparing for move to AEM Assets as cloud and I understand the content transfer tool is the one to migrate assets.

Would like to get community's opinion on below points:-

1. The bulk import facility/utility in cloud env allows to import data from S3 or Azure Blob - can it be scheduled/event driven (eg: every 10 mins or whenever there is new asset uploaded at source S3/Azure blob location. 

I could not find any frequency related configs there. But I hear its on the roadmap.

Any idea on that?

2. There will be some overlap where old env and new cloud env will both be operational.

That raises question of sync , for eg: on a daily basis incoming assets will be in few hundreds - when users upload them to old env , idea is to sync them to new cloud env.

What would be the approaches to do so?

One basic idea would be to have an asset uploaded to cloud instance, right when its ingested in old env with either a event based mechanism or as part of dam update asset workflow. 

Any other approaches ?

thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@asn_india You can try leveraging third party tools like MoveIT to schedule file pull-push mechanism to-from AEM DAM. You can supply a regex to run scheduled jobs every 10mins to fulfil this requirement.

For point no. 2, You need to migrate the delta assets to cloud env and inform authors about the change. It's better to prepare the authors and take migration in batches if needed.

You can handle this with an integration also, making sure if an asset is uploaded to old, it's immediately uploaded to new env too.

Dynamic Media integration works on the same principle.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@asn_india You can try leveraging third party tools like MoveIT to schedule file pull-push mechanism to-from AEM DAM. You can supply a regex to run scheduled jobs every 10mins to fulfil this requirement.

For point no. 2, You need to migrate the delta assets to cloud env and inform authors about the change. It's better to prepare the authors and take migration in batches if needed.

You can handle this with an integration also, making sure if an asset is uploaded to old, it's immediately uploaded to new env too.

Dynamic Media integration works on the same principle.

Level 2

Thanks @diksha_mishra,

There is a feature to select only top up differential data(Top up Extraction) while using ccontent transfer tool.

That should be helpful I believe for delta content.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/moving/cloud-migration/cont...