Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Secure Page Authoring Capabilites

Level 2

Hello Team,

We have a requirement where we there are few product detail pages which needs to secured for some sensitive authoring which shouldn't be know to many till go-live. Step wise details below:

1. Suppose standard we -retail MSM structure is followed and we have a product detail page like /content/xyz/language-masters/en/products/product1 . There also exists a published livecopy of the same as /content/xyz/us/en/product1.html
  2. Now there is some sensitive content to be added on the page which only 1 or 2 page in the organization are authorized of. Also the regular content authoring on language-master, translation , rollout should continue to happen as is.
  3. Now 1 way can be to utilize the AEM launch feature but then translation cant be achieved and also issues with maintaining permissions.

Is there any high level solution to this requirement ? Currently we are thinking of having a separate folder structure for secure pages but the next blocker is with how to merge this back with the master copy ( basically what launch promote does ) . Any better thoughts on it?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Leveraging Launch is the best option to reduce the customization. You just need to create a one/BU specific group one time and you can use that going forward to maintain the permissions.

Otherwise, you'll have to develop your own custom solution which requires a lot of dev effort plus the maintenance cost. 

I would recommend using the Launch.

Thanks,

Singaiah

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Leveraging Launch is the best option to reduce the customization. You just need to create a one/BU specific group one time and you can use that going forward to maintain the permissions.

Otherwise, you'll have to develop your own custom solution which requires a lot of dev effort plus the maintenance cost. 

I would recommend using the Launch.

Thanks,

Singaiah