Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Aem 6.5 workflow | author and approvers belong to same workflow group | author itself should not approve the workflow

Level 2

Hi everyone 

i have workflow group for about us pages

Where all users can only see only about pages of the site ( people who trigger and who approve the workflow belong to same group)

if one user from that group triggers the workflow, except him, rest should be able to approve it. How can i acheive it.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@SumanSatija4 This should be achieved using custom workflow. You would have to maintain different user groups like reviewers, authors etc. 

Create a Custom workflow and then in the Process step, identify the logged in user, fetch the users from Reviewers group. Eliminate the logged in user from the Reviewes' User List and then delegate the approval to the new Reviewers' list.

Please not there is no OOTB config to achieve the same

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@SumanSatija4 Normally the requestor and approver should not be the same group. If they are in same group, they can create the approval request and can approve themselves. 

I feel you might need to do some customization to achieve this to check for the approver from the same group who is not the workflow initiator. 

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@SumanSatija4 This should be achieved using custom workflow. You would have to maintain different user groups like reviewers, authors etc. 

Create a Custom workflow and then in the Process step, identify the logged in user, fetch the users from Reviewers group. Eliminate the logged in user from the Reviewes' User List and then delegate the approval to the new Reviewers' list.

Please not there is no OOTB config to achieve the same

Administrator

@SumanSatija4 Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni