Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Need Help with API Performance for Image Uploads

Level 1

Hello Community,

I'm working on a project for a major newspaper in Brazil, where we've developed a simple wizard to help authors publish their articles more quickly.

Everything functions well overall, but we are encountering an issue with the image upload times when using the API (initiate-upload).
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/assets/admin/dev...

To give you a better idea, uploading images directly through the Assets is quite fast, with images being published in less than a minute.
However, when we use the API, it takes significantly longer—about 5 to 7 minutes per image.
This difference is puzzling and is affecting our publication process.

I've detailed the API usage and payload here: image-renditions-delay.pdf

Has anyone here dealt with similar issues, or does anyone have insights into what might be causing these delays?

Any suggestions on how to improve our image upload times would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance for your help and suggestions!

Best,
Fábio.

@Jörg_Hoh 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The reason why asked about the "wizard" is because in the doc you shared it explicitly said that you should not use this method within AEM, so that may be the issue, postman validation should confirm this suspect

EstebanBustamante_0-1713538989569.png

I'll be curious to hear about your findings

Cheers!

Esteban Bustamante

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi, 

I'm curious about the "wizard" – what exactly is it? Is it an AEM component, or something external? Ideally, you should use "aem-upload" to upload images to AEMaaCS (but I am not sure if that helps with performance, it would be to give it a try), which handles the "3-step process" for uploading assets to storage and AEM. Also, keep in mind that the process you're triggering should be performed outside of AEM. Have you tried to reproduce this using Postman, to see if the asset processing takes up to 7 minutes? It would be worth to check if the size of the image matters as well, if you can start experimenting with postman i guess you can gain some insights

Hope this helps.

Esteban Bustamante

Hi @EstebanBustamante,

Thanks for the insight!

The "wizard" is a built-in solution in Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) that streamlines the process for editors to add articles to the site. It involves selecting the type of content, filling in details like title and tags, and uploading assets.

Regarding your suggestion to use "aem-upload," we haven’t tried that yet but will definitely look into it. We'll also explore whether the processing time varies with image size using tools like Postman.

Appreciate your suggestions and will keep you posted on what we find!

Best,

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The reason why asked about the "wizard" is because in the doc you shared it explicitly said that you should not use this method within AEM, so that may be the issue, postman validation should confirm this suspect

EstebanBustamante_0-1713538989569.png

I'll be curious to hear about your findings

Cheers!

Esteban Bustamante

Employee Advisor

@fmancini_netbiis Is this a custom page component (Image Component) in the PDF attached that helps in uploading the Image

Level 1

Hi @krati_garg,

I don't know if I understood correctly... are you going to send me a PDF or are you referring to my document?

Best,

Community Advisor

@fmancini_netbiis Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Administrator

@fmancini_netbiis Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni