Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Index warnings when opening the folder that has several thousands of images

Level 2

Hi 

I am seeing the below warnings in the error logs when the folder is opened containing 1000's of images. How can I prevent this?

30.04.2020 15:06:39.263 *WARN* [10.43.0.17 [1588259199200]

GET /assets.html/content/dam/images/webimages/p1-ko HTTP/1.1]
org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.Cursors$TraversingCursor Traversed 1000 nodes with filter Filter
(query=select [jcr:path], [jcr:score], * from [nt:base] as a where ischildnode(a, '/content/dam/images/webimages/p1-ko')
and [hidden] = 'false' union select [jcr:path], [jcr:score], * from [nt:base] as a where ischildnode(a, '/content/dam/images/webimages/p1-ko')
and [hidden] is null order by [jcr:created] desc /* xpath: /jcr:root/content/dam/images/webimages/p1-ko/*[((@hidden = 'false' or not(@hidden)))]
order by @jcr:created descending */, path=/content/dam/images/webimages/p1-ko/*, property=[hidden=[is null]]); consider creating an index or changing the query

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You might want to check what's there in /content/dam/images/webimages/p1-ko/. Also, there's no harm in getting warnings, until it's impacting system performance. Is their any related issue that you are trying to solve? Find more info on AEM indexes: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-65/deploying/practices/best-practices-for-...

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You might want to check what's there in /content/dam/images/webimages/p1-ko/. Also, there's no harm in getting warnings, until it's impacting system performance. Is their any related issue that you are trying to solve? Find more info on AEM indexes: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-65/deploying/practices/best-practices-for-...

Level 4

Hi there,

If you have more than 1000 items in a bucket, you will get it even if you create an index for the only path.

Reason is that when query is fired, it tries to use an index and get the result from the index but if you have more than 1000 items returned from the query which in fact uses index also, you will get this warning. So this problem is about the result set iteration and its size.

You can not do away from this warning apart from making sure you do not have more than 1000 nodes underneath. 

Level 4

@abera 

Were you able to resolve the issue. We have been facing similar one on our Prod instances 

Community Advisor

@maheshp Please create a new question in the community and provide the following info:

AEM Version

Service Pack Installed

Exact error message/log

I will be happy to help you there.