to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Getting error while using URL asset Import tool

Level 2

Hi Experts,

I need to import a few assets from third-party URLs and I am trying URL asset import for this. But When I upload an excel file it is giving me a null pointer exception.

My excel file have these two assets which I am trying to import.

url.png

Error is :

java.lang.NullPointerException at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:195) at java.base/java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(ArrayList.java:1655) at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:484) at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:474) at java.base/java.util.stream.ReduceOps$ReduceOp.evaluateSequential(ReduceOps.java:913) at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234) at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.collect(ReferencePipeline.java:578) at com.adobe.acs.commons.data.Spreadsheet.buildSpreadsheet(Spreadsheet.java:163) at com.adobe.acs.commons.data.Spreadsheet.buildSpreadsheet(Spreadsheet.java:139) at com.adobe.acs.commons.mcp.impl.processes.asset.UrlAssetImport.buildProcess(UrlAssetImport.java:162) at com.adobe.acs.commons.mcp.impl.ProcessInstanceImpl.run(ProcessInstanceImpl.java:198) at com.adobe.acs.commons.mcp.impl.ControlledProcessManagerServlet.doStartProcess(ControlledProcessManagerServlet.java:153) at com.adobe.acs.commons.mcp.impl.ControlledProcessManagerServlet.doGet(ControlledProcessManagerServlet.java:97) at com.adobe.acs.commons.mcp.impl.ControlledProcessManagerServlet.doPost(ControlledProcessManagerServlet.java:84) at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingAllMethodsServlet.mayService(SlingAllMethodsServlet.java:146) at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingSafeMethodsServlet.service(SlingSafeMethodsServlet.java:342) at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingSafeMethodsServlet.service(SlingSafeMethodsServlet.java:374) at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.request.RequestData.service(RequestData.java:570) at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.SlingComponentFilterChain.render(SlingComponentFilterChain.java:45) 

Thanks in Advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@RameshKumar306   I faced a similar problem in the past and was able to solve it after adding an empty column to the first column.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Can you please check the following:

1. The URLs are not behind a login functionality i.e. they are openly available.

2. The URLs return a valid image that would be imported to AEM DAM.

3. Check MCP tool configuration: https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/mcp-tools/asset-ingestion/url-a... 

4. You can try some google images in the URLs for a quick test too.

Post your findings here. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@RameshKumar306   I faced a similar problem in the past and was able to solve it after adding an empty column to the first column.