Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Getting error while using URL asset Import tool

Level 2

Hi Experts,

I need to import a few assets from third-party URLs and I am trying URL asset import for this. But When I upload an excel file it is giving me a null pointer exception.

My excel file have these two assets which I am trying to import.

url.png

Error is :

java.lang.NullPointerException at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:195) at java.base/java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(ArrayList.java:1655) at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:484) at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:474) at java.base/java.util.stream.ReduceOps$ReduceOp.evaluateSequential(ReduceOps.java:913) at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234) at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.collect(ReferencePipeline.java:578) at com.adobe.acs.commons.data.Spreadsheet.buildSpreadsheet(Spreadsheet.java:163) at com.adobe.acs.commons.data.Spreadsheet.buildSpreadsheet(Spreadsheet.java:139) at com.adobe.acs.commons.mcp.impl.processes.asset.UrlAssetImport.buildProcess(UrlAssetImport.java:162) at com.adobe.acs.commons.mcp.impl.ProcessInstanceImpl.run(ProcessInstanceImpl.java:198) at com.adobe.acs.commons.mcp.impl.ControlledProcessManagerServlet.doStartProcess(ControlledProcessManagerServlet.java:153) at com.adobe.acs.commons.mcp.impl.ControlledProcessManagerServlet.doGet(ControlledProcessManagerServlet.java:97) at com.adobe.acs.commons.mcp.impl.ControlledProcessManagerServlet.doPost(ControlledProcessManagerServlet.java:84) at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingAllMethodsServlet.mayService(SlingAllMethodsServlet.java:146) at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingSafeMethodsServlet.service(SlingSafeMethodsServlet.java:342) at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingSafeMethodsServlet.service(SlingSafeMethodsServlet.java:374) at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.request.RequestData.service(RequestData.java:570) at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.SlingComponentFilterChain.render(SlingComponentFilterChain.java:45) 

Thanks in Advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@RameshKumar306   I faced a similar problem in the past and was able to solve it after adding an empty column to the first column.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Can you please check the following:

1. The URLs are not behind a login functionality i.e. they are openly available.

2. The URLs return a valid image that would be imported to AEM DAM.

3. Check MCP tool configuration: https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/mcp-tools/asset-ingestion/url-a... 

4. You can try some google images in the URLs for a quick test too.

Post your findings here. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@RameshKumar306   I faced a similar problem in the past and was able to solve it after adding an empty column to the first column.