Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Assets import/export

Level 3

I want to import/export assets from prd, but the assets are too large to import or export. Is there any way to import or export assets from prd to uat?(more than 50G)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Like I said above , this is technically feasible but depends on use case. For example, is the intent to keep content always in sync or content sync periodically.

As I mentioned , Custom Replication is technically feasible but AMS doesn't support/recommend replication from lower to higher env and if you do1 time  bulk replication from prod thousands of assets - it might be an issue ( if an asset is stuck in queue etc) , in addition to putting load on prod author .

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee

Usually, one could take a clone of prod and recreate a UAT instance .

Else you can explore below options :

CRX2OAK tool :https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/deploying/upgrading/using-crx2oak.html...

VLT-RCP http://jackrabbit.apache.org/filevault/rcp.html

Grabbit - not supported by Adobe

Package manager - not an option for large repo.

If you want to automate it you will have to write a custom shell script using vltrcp/crx2oak

Custom replication agent using Replication API from prod to UAT is a technically feasible option as well but depends on AEM version and where it is hosted and your use case.

Level 3

Are there any other detailed tutorials on CRX2OAK tool?

Employee Advisor

@Johann_Lu 

Package Manager is the recommended way to move Content Or Assets between the environments.
Package Size do not have a written limitation from Adobe. I have seen customers who have tried to and succeeded in building Packages size as huge as 50GB and more
Again, it also depends on various factors like Network Latency, depth of Path Filter in Package that can contribute to Timeout while building such packages.

Community Advisor

@Johann_Lu We did setup a new replication agent in Source AEM Instance, setup the Target instance URL, and initiated Tree Replication at folder levels to push the assets. It worked perfectly and better than the other described ways. 

Correct answer by
Employee

Like I said above , this is technically feasible but depends on use case. For example, is the intent to keep content always in sync or content sync periodically.

As I mentioned , Custom Replication is technically feasible but AMS doesn't support/recommend replication from lower to higher env and if you do1 time  bulk replication from prod thousands of assets - it might be an issue ( if an asset is stuck in queue etc) , in addition to putting load on prod author .