Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

AEMasCS - programatically publish to Brand Portal

Level 3

Hi all,

i'm trying to automatically publish assets to brand portal when a user upload them to a desired folder

Basically i added the following configuration to the Custom Dam Workflow runner 

<jcr:root xmlns:jcr="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0" xmlns:sling="http://sling.apache.org/jcr/sling/1.0" jcr:primaryType="sling:OsgiConfig" postProcWorkflowsByExpression="[/content/dam(/.*/)bp-digital(/.*):/var/workflow/models/asset-publish-to-brand-portal]"/>

and the workflow models has:

Create Version -> Scheduled Publish to Brand Portal -> DAM Update Asset Workflow Completed

but the issue is when i try to deploy it with cloud manager pipeline, i have the following validation error 

The workflow process definition at /conf/global/settings/workflow/models/asset-publish-to-brand-portal/jcr:content/flow/process_1138020458 [Publish Asset] uses a workflow process com.day.cq.dam.core.process.ScheduledPublishBPProcess which is not supported on AEM as a Cloud Service.

i was also reviewing the executed JS code when we use the Touch UI and Publish asset to brand portal and it is doing a post to a servlet, should i use something similar to that?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

exactly! i used that script to check the code compatibility and all is good. I dont understand. Yes i will try with a support ticket.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @VictorToledo , Are you getting any errors/warnings in logs stating com.day.cq.dam.core.process.ScheduledPublishBPProcess is not supported on Cloud or some documentation?

AFAIK, the process step works perfectly fine on AEM as Cloud Service and I was able to publish and view assets on BP

<process
     jcr:lastModified="{Date}2023-05-24T17:14:03.819Z"
     jcr:lastModifiedBy="admin"
     jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"
     jcr:title="Process"
     sling:resourceType="cq/workflow/components/model/process">
     <metaData
        PROCESS="com.day.cq.dam.core.process.ScheduledPublishBPProcess"/>
  </process>

Level 3

Hi @shubhanshu_singh , thanks for your help.

below my workflow

<flow jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="foundation/components/parsys">
            <process
                    jcr:created="{Date}2023-05-17T16:12:26.943-03:00"
                     jcr:createdBy="admin"
                    jcr:description="The Version to be activated/replicated is created"
                    jcr:lastModified="{Date}2023-05-17T16:13:13.586-03:00"
                    jcr:title="Create Version"
                <metaData PROCESS="com.day.cq.wcm.workflow.process.CreateVersionProcess"
                          PROCESS_AUTO_ADVANCE="true"
                          jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"/>
            </process>
            <process_1138020458
                    jcr:created="{Date}2023-05-17T16:12:28.468-03:00"
                    jcr:createdBy="admin"
                    jcr:description="Publish the asset to Brand Portal"
                    jcr:lastModified="{Date}2023-05-17T16:13:55.637-03:00"
                    jcr:title="Publish Asset"
                <metaData
                        PROCESS="com.day.cq.dam.core.process.ScheduledPublishBPProcess"
            </process_1138020458>
            <damupdateassetworkflowcompletedprocess
                    jcr:description="This process will send DamEvent.Type.DAM_UPDATE_ASSET_WORKFLOW_COMPLETED event when DAM update asset workflow is completed"
                    jcr:title="DAM Update Asset Workflow Completed"
                    sling:resourceType="dam/components/workflow/damupdateassetworkflowcompletedprocess">
                <metaData
                        PROCESS="com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.process.DamUpdateAssetWorkflowCompletedProcess"
            </damupdateassetworkflowcompletedprocess>
        </flow>

and the error is during the deployment to Cloud Manager environments.

VictorToledo_0-1684951401382.png

2023-05-24T14:10:05.739Z

com.myproject:aem-myproject-project.ui.content:1.0.1-SNAPSHOT

The workflow process definition at /conf/global/settings/workflow/models/asset-publish-to-brand-portal/jcr:content/flow/process_1138020458 [Publish Asset] uses a workflow process com.day.cq.dam.core.process.ScheduledPublishBPProcess which is not supported on AEM as a Cloud Service.

Bug

Blocker

I know that i can override the results and continue with the deployment but i would like to use the recommended approach and avoid the issue on cloud manager

Community Advisor

Hi @VictorToledo , the best way forward for this would be to create a adobe support ticket for build pipeline issue and mention your cloud sdk version in the ticket. I am pretty much sure the process step is supported. 

You can have a look here https://github.com/adobe/aem-cloud-migration/blob/master/src/main/resources/workflowSteps.properties 
com.day.cq.dam.core.process.ScheduledPublishBPProcess  and com.day.cq.dam.core.process.ScheduledUnPublishBPProcess
both are marked to be supported.

Correct answer by
Level 3

exactly! i used that script to check the code compatibility and all is good. I dont understand. Yes i will try with a support ticket.

Community Advisor

@VictorToledo - Did you find a fix for the above issue with Adobe support?

Level 3

hi, 

i used my custom workflow process to avoid the issue.

public class PublishToBPProcess  implements WorkflowProcess {

private final Logger log = LoggerFactory.getLogger(getClass());

private static final String OPERATION = "dam.mac.sync";

private static final String SERVICE_USER_ID = "assetidhelper";

@reference
    private SlingRepository repository;

@reference
    private FolderSyncHelper folderSyncHelper;

@reference
    private ResourceResolverFactory resourceResolverFactory;

public void execute(WorkItem workItem, WorkflowSession workflowSession, MetaDataMap metadataMap) throws WorkflowException {
        if (workItem == null || workItem.getWorkflow() == null || workItem.getWorkflow().getInitiator() == null) {
            throw new WorkflowException("invalid workflow item");
        }
        try (ResourceResolver userResourceResolver = getInitiatorResolver(workItem)) {
            this.log.info("Stating scheduled publish/unpublish to BrandPortal ..");
            WorkflowData data = workItem.getWorkflowData();
            String path = (String)data.getPayload();
            FolderSyncRequest request = new FolderSyncRequest();
            request.setType("mediaportal");
            request.setOperation(OPERATION);
            request.setContextPath("");
            request.setPaths(new String[] { path });
            request.setUserResourceResolver(userResourceResolver);
            FolderSyncResponse response = this.folderSyncHelper.process(request);
            this.log.info("Finished scheduled publish/unpublish to BrandPortal. success = {} error = {}", response.getStatus() == null, response.getStatus());
        } catch (RepositoryException | LoginException ex) {
            throw new WorkflowException(ex);
        }
    }

private ResourceResolver getInitiatorResolver(WorkItem workItem) throws RepositoryException, LoginException {
        String initiator = workItem.getWorkflow().getInitiator();
        Session initiatorSession = getUserSession(initiator);
        return getResourceResolver(initiatorSession);
    }

private Session getUserSession(String userId) throws RepositoryException {
        SimpleCredentials credentials = new SimpleCredentials(userId, new char[0]);
        return this.repository.impersonateFromService(SERVICE_USER_ID, credentials, null);
    }

protected ResourceResolver getResourceResolver(Session session) throws LoginException {
        return this.resourceResolverFactory.getResourceResolver(Collections.singletonMap(AUTHENTICATION_INFO_SESSION, session));
    }
}