Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to report all Asset Downloads by internal DAM users?

Level 1

I'm looking for a way to report on downloads by internal DAM users, NOT downloads by web users hitting our published sites.

Under an Asset's Timeline you can see each user's downloads with the date/time (screenshot below). There may be 0 or, potentially, hundreds of downloads listed here.

Is there a jcr reference for exporting/reporting this data?

Is there a way to configure a transaction log of all downloads?

Here's AEM 6.5 documentation about Activity Stream log location, etc.

RoyWalter_0-1720189944398.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Got it. 

As far as I know, the OOTB Asset download report doesn't support it.

Also, there is no native have to automatically log or export detailed download information from JCR.

This use case might require some custom implementation.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 1

Thanks, but the Assets Download report lists each asset once with a "download count".

I need to know, for each of those downloads, who downloaded it, date & time of download, path, and UUID (since path may change, I need to know the location each download was from, and the UUIDs so I can aggregate all downloads of a distinct asset). 

• UUID, username, path, date/time downloaded

For each UUID there may be multiple downloads, thus there would be multiple entries.

Correct answer by
Level 9

Got it. 

As far as I know, the OOTB Asset download report doesn't support it.

Also, there is no native have to automatically log or export detailed download information from JCR.

This use case might require some custom implementation.

Community Advisor

Hi @RoyWalter ,

I would like to highlight that this is indeed a supported feature on AEM as a Cloud Service, where we have the ability to get 

Title Path MIME Type Size Author Creation Date Modified Date Expired Download Id Downloaded By Downloaded By User Name Download Date

for every successive download request of the same asset, this is different on AEM 6.5 where you have download count in Asset > Reports > Download