Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

[AEM Gems Webinar] Accelerating Experience Manager as a Cloud Service development with Rapid Development Environments

AEMaaCS: Unable to unpublish assets

Level 3

I need to unpublish several (1,000+) assets in AEM Assets to remove them from Brand Portal. I keep getting the message "Not enough rights to manage publication" when I attempt to unpublish a folder containing a large amount of assets.

I am a member of the "administrators" and "admin" groups, and those groups are members of the "workflow-users" group. 

I am attempting to follow the instructions in this post: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/how-to-fix-quot-not-enough...

I do not know how to get to the useradmin page mentioned in the post to check the "admin" group privileges. 

1 Reply

Employee

For USer Administration Page, try the below suffix after your cloud author
https://author-p-e.adobeaemcloud.com/security/permissions.html/principal/dam-users?filter=group

Above URL will take you to dam-users permission settings. You can see that it has crx:replicate permissions on content/dam
You need similar kind of permissions for your user or user group. Please validate

krati_garg_0-1667921036101.png

Level 3

Hello, Krati -- Thank you for your response. I have added these permissions to the "workflow-users" group and the "administrators" group. I am still receiving the same "Not enough rights to manage publication" message when attempting to unpublish my assets. 

I am unable to find the "admin" group in permissions, so I couldn't add the crx:replicate permission to that group. 

administrators.pngworkflow-users.png

Level 3

I found the "admin" group/user under "users" and also added these permissions to that group/user. I still receive the same error when attempting to unpublish assets.

Employee

Lets go step by step:
- I hope you have not made changes to dam-users OOTB User Group

- Please create a fresh test user and assign it to just DAM-Users group.

-This group has all the permissions to manage publication. 

If this works, then there is an issue with the user you are using as Admin

Level 3

Hello, Krati -- I did not make any changes to the OOTB dam-users group. This still is not working for me. Can you please unmark this as an accepted solution? 

Please tell me what permissions I need to add to my user and to the "admin" user.

My user permissions:

nicole-user-permissions.png

"admin" user permissions:

admin-user-permissions.png

Employee

In your user permission metrics, it seems you have given replicate permissions to a very specific Asset Path and not on a Root Folder. 

Hope you are trying replication only under this path:

content/dam...../lightbox

Level 3

The only root folder I can get to is Translation Integration. Do I give permission on that folder? That doesn't seem right. I don't see content/dam/lightbox.

root-folder.png

Employee

I am referring to this permission in your screen shot. 

krati_garg_0-1668088081018.png

By Root Folder I meant, Lightbox is too specific path, you can give replication permission to your Project Folder, which act as a root to your Project
Eg. content/dam/we-retail/activity/

Level 3

So, for your example (content/dam/we-retail/activity/) you're saying I should add the crx:replicate permission on the "activity" folder? 

That looks like this for my project. I'm still getting the error when I do this.

nicole-user-permissions-2.png

Employee

The Screen Shot you have attached, which user is this?

Does this user belongs to any OOTB User group?

Level 3

This is my user (nicoleholm). I belong to the "administrators" group, and the administrators group is a member of all 17 of our OOTB groups that have the word "user" in them.