Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Assets Bulk Metadata Export | Create Date

Level 5
We’re doing metadata update for numerous assets using the bulk metadata export feature in AEM Assets.

Apparently, the export doesn’t have any property for when the asset was uploaded/created in AEM. I would expect:
  • jcr:created
  • or dam:created
properties, but they aren’t there in the exported CSV. I’m exporting all properties.
Also, I noticed that the dam:created property is present for some assets but not for all. I believe this property exists as part of the asset file metadata and AEM simply extracted that metadata property. Since this property does not exist for all assets, we can't rely on this property.

Anyone used the feature and had a similar use case, or any workarounds?

We need the create date as part of the client's business process for updating bulk metadata. (The create date won't be updated, but it will be used to determine the metadata updates that will be made for the assets).
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Nikhil_Verma 

Your usecase might not be achieved with Bulk Metadata Export. 
- jcr:created property resides below Asset Node and not the Metadata Node.

-dam:created property is not a mandatory property which is not going to be populated everytime

There is another OOTB feature - Asset Reports, which exports Asset Data and not particularly Metadata, into CSV format. This encompasses all Asset Properties and gives you a provision to add custom properties as well. Find the link below
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/assets/advanced/asset-reports.html?...

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Nikhil_Verma 

Your usecase might not be achieved with Bulk Metadata Export. 
- jcr:created property resides below Asset Node and not the Metadata Node.

-dam:created property is not a mandatory property which is not going to be populated everytime

There is another OOTB feature - Asset Reports, which exports Asset Data and not particularly Metadata, into CSV format. This encompasses all Asset Properties and gives you a provision to add custom properties as well. Find the link below
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/assets/advanced/asset-reports.html?...

Level 5

Awesome idea @krati_garg !

1. I can get the upload report which has the jcr:created property, sort it with path column.

2. Then sort the export sheet with path. Both sheets will now be in same sequence.

3. From here I can copy thejcr:created column from the report sheet to the export sheet and use it for filtering for specific dates for updating metadata in the export sheet.

4. Finally, when all metadata updates are done, I'll remove the jcr:created column from the export sheet before uploading it back again to update metadata.

I gave this a quick try as well just now and seems reliable.

Thank you!