Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Moving assets from non-dynamic media folder to a dynamic media folder

Level 1

Let me layout the issue:

This is AEMaacs

Folder A (Not In Dynamic Media) moves to Folder B (synced with Dynamic media)...so what has to happen is 

1) move command

2) upload to dynamic media

3) dynamic media updates AEM with properties

That is super basic, but lets say I want to move 10 thousand files. The issue is that the sometimes it fails with upload to DM which doesn't upload image and then doesn't update DM information in AEM. Can someone help with this?

2 Replies

Community Advisor

@SeanMc5 Can you be more specific in the ask? what kind of images you have in folder A, What's the size of each asset and overall folder? Are they getting synced successfully if you are manually re-processing the asset again using DM::Reprocess asset workflow?

Based on that we can guide you better on the solutions? 

Ideally if you can take the Migration example/use case -- It is recommended to turnoff the DM/DAM Metadata writeback kind of workflows, perform asset migration, and then run above workflows small subset by subset ...as they 1. they cause heavy load on the system if run in bulk, 2. they may cause timeout and other Sync issues and fail. 

So if folder A is heavy in enough, then it might fall in above scenario.

Level 1

Hey Shashi,

So we moved about ~3 terabytes of data into a folder (lets call it "old folder"), old folder is not sync'd with DM. All those images have meta data and all the data that comes with a DAM from AMS and no DM. Now we have we set up a folder (lets call it "new folder") that is sync'd with DM. So we start the move of files from old folder to new folder. If we try to do in batch of lets say 2K, we have those issues you are talking about. There is about 200K files that equal like 3TB's so if we do in batches and let time in between batches it will take weeks if not months to move them into DM, because of the interaction between DM and AEM.