Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Using different entities within offer engine

Level 2

Hello all,

I'm facing a problem here with offers management.

We have a scenario here, in which we could have more than one entity being used as an offer.

For example, we have an entity called "category", which could be used to create a content and send offers to our customers.

This entity has it's own specific fields and design configuration.

We also have, of course, a products entity, wich has different fields and design from "category".

In our worst case scenario, we want to be able to send a delivery which uses both kinds of offer ("category" and "products").

My question is : are we abble to create specific schemas for each entity, and used it inside offer engine, with all features ?

Or in this case we should configure our environment in a different way ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi

Thank you for the further information. I now better understand what you are looking to do. My understanding is that product offers should display the SKU, the product name, the URL and the price when the offer is brought into the delivery and the Category offers should contain the code, name and % discount?

In this case, you could extend the offer schema and add the additional attributes here; and then update the offer form to display only the fields that are relevant to that offer type. So something like If offer type = 'Product' then display the fields SKU, Product Name, URL and Price.

Another route is to add this information into the content of each offer.

Let me know your thoughts.

Dan

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 2

I'm not sure I completely follow however, on of our customers had a similar use case. We achieved it by having different offer environments each having there own targeting dimension. To do this:

INT1.PNG

Select the environment.

INT2.PNG

From the menu tab that is now shown, click the 'environment' button.

INT3.PNG

You will now see the environment configuration - which is defaulted to Recipient targeting dimension. If you were to change this to match for example, Products. Then you will then see the eligibility for offers change for an offer created within this environment.

There is a little more than just this, that you need to do but hopefully this gives you a starting point....Does that help ?

Dan

Level 2

Hello Dan,

thanks for you answer.

One question :

- using this option I will be able to create specific fields for each entity that I want to offer ?

For example:

Entity "products"

Fields : SKU, product Name, URL, Price

Entity "category"

Fields : Category Code, Category Name, % discount.

Thanks

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi

Thank you for the further information. I now better understand what you are looking to do. My understanding is that product offers should display the SKU, the product name, the URL and the price when the offer is brought into the delivery and the Category offers should contain the code, name and % discount?

In this case, you could extend the offer schema and add the additional attributes here; and then update the offer form to display only the fields that are relevant to that offer type. So something like If offer type = 'Product' then display the fields SKU, Product Name, URL and Price.

Another route is to add this information into the content of each offer.

Let me know your thoughts.

Dan