Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Total Opens and Clicks not showing correctly when running a report via a workflow

Level 2

I've created a workflow that uses the delivery resource to export the open and click stats for an email send. The unique open and click stats are showing correctly, but the total opens and clicks are completely wrong. Here are the expressions I'm using -

example one.png

They don't match up with what it says in the dynamic report and are actually lower than the unique stats (how can the total amount of opens/clicks be lower than the unique number??).

example two.png

If somebody could tell me where I'm going wrong, that'd be great.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @MColby

I tried total and unique values with both dynamic and Kpis and I find all the results (delivered, total, unique) from kpis matches with those on the delivery dashboard and tracking logs. For me dynamicIndicators are always coming as 0 and the delivered and total open count does not match with the Tracking Indicator reports but the results look more accurate as those matches with the delivery dashboard. Please see below:

shelly-goel_0-1603692087288.png

shelly-goel_1-1603692098543.png

shelly-goel_2-1603692123313.png

shelly-goel_3-1603692321384.png

I think you should be using below fields for accurate results

shelly-goel_4-1603692387874.png

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Employee Advisor

The total opens indeed should not be lower here.

Is it a very recent delivery?

The dynamic indicators are refreshes in very short time periods / real time for a certain period after the delivery is sent.

The KPIs are only calculated in fixed schedules.

So if it is very recent, that could explain it.

Level 2

Thanks for getting back to me. This isn't a recent send and isn't the only delivery it is happening with. I'm getting the same result with sends from months ago also.

Is there a way I can reference the dynamic indicator for total recipient open and total recipient click?

Thanks

Employee Advisor

Unfortunately no.

The dynamic indicators do not include the total clicks.

Can you check the tracking logs which of the numbers is correct (Reporting vs KPIs)?

Level 2
I've just ran another report using the workflow. This is for a campaign that was sent out 4 months ago.

Level 2

I've just ran another report using the workflow. This is for a campaign that was sent out 4 months ago.

These are the stats from the workflow
example1a.png

I then checked these against the stats in the dynamic report. As you can see, the unique opens and clicks match up but not the totals
example2.png

I then checked the tracking logs, which match up to the total amounts of opens and clicks.
example3.pngexample4.png

I still don't understand how the total opens/clicks can be lower than the unique stats? We need the exported stats from the workflow to link to a client reporting system we've created, but I can't use these stats as they don't make sense. Any help on how we can export the correct stats would be great. Thanks

Employee Advisor

Can you maybe try following if it has any impact:

• open the delivery
  • Open the Log dialog
  • Click the "Compute Stats" button at the top

This will re-calculate the indicators in the DB.

just check what is shown afterwards.

Level 2
I just tried computing the stats and unfortunately this didn't change the results.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @MColby

I tried total and unique values with both dynamic and Kpis and I find all the results (delivered, total, unique) from kpis matches with those on the delivery dashboard and tracking logs. For me dynamicIndicators are always coming as 0 and the delivered and total open count does not match with the Tracking Indicator reports but the results look more accurate as those matches with the delivery dashboard. Please see below:

shelly-goel_0-1603692087288.png

shelly-goel_1-1603692098543.png

shelly-goel_2-1603692123313.png

shelly-goel_3-1603692321384.png

I think you should be using below fields for accurate results

shelly-goel_4-1603692387874.png

Level 2

which resource table are you pulling the opens and click?

Administrator
Hi @shelly-goel, Could you please help @peterd54639079 with this request further? Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa