Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Send email using an ad-hoc file upload

Level 1

Is it possible in ACS to send email to a list of people by uploading a file on ad-hoc basis? I get a file with email addresses which I want to upload in ACS, send an email to them. It’s more like creating an audience using the data in the file for only one time use. Next time I get a new file which may or may not have the same users so I don’t really care what was uploaded previously. Every time a new audience is created using that file.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Within Campaign Standard all items need to be profiles, i.e. an audience just containing E-Mail addresses is not supported.

Also note the licensing model of Campaign Standard which is per Active Profile.

The flow "create a profile, send an E-Mail, remove the profile, create a new E-Mail with same mail address, send E-Mail" would be considered as 2 active profiles related to the licensing model.

Thus recommendation would be to keep the profiles and re-use them for different audiences

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Aydeel,

Generally, recipients should be profiles within the Campaign application, as such a batch and blast method where recipients are not loaded in the system is not really supported.

If you are looking to remove the audiences after sending, I would recommend setting up a workflow to load your file, create an audience, but set the expiration on the audience (see below). That way the audience is removed after you are done with the send.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-standard/using/profiles-and-audiences/managing-audi...

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Within Campaign Standard all items need to be profiles, i.e. an audience just containing E-Mail addresses is not supported.

Also note the licensing model of Campaign Standard which is per Active Profile.

The flow "create a profile, send an E-Mail, remove the profile, create a new E-Mail with same mail address, send E-Mail" would be considered as 2 active profiles related to the licensing model.

Thus recommendation would be to keep the profiles and re-use them for different audiences