Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Disable a transactional message based on the api field.

Level 5

is there a way to not send a transactional message to the customer if the api has certain string value in one of the conetex field ? We have an transactional message that is going in error. We would like to filter those message and not send the notification. Something like a typology rule. May be it can be achieved through a content block ?

Appreciate any input.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

There is unfortunately no easy way to filter such case.

The typology rule won't access the transaction payload thus you can't check there.

You might misuse a multi-variant selection rule to explicitly return an invalid variant, though that would be counted as a failed message in all reports etc, thus normally not the best solution

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Sspatra,

You may (and I stress may) be able to create a typology rule to not send to certain recipients based on the value of a present field. That is the only place in the application that I've seen any type of filtering of transactional messages take place. By nature transactional messages are only supposed to be triggered by the external call based the actions of a recipient profile. As such, there really isn't any extensive support built in to filter off recipients further. If the typology route doesn't work your best bet would be to isolate why the calls are being made to begin with and correct the implementation to ensure only those who should be triggering the event are doing so.

Regards,

Craig

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

There is unfortunately no easy way to filter such case.

The typology rule won't access the transaction payload thus you can't check there.

You might misuse a multi-variant selection rule to explicitly return an invalid variant, though that would be counted as a failed message in all reports etc, thus normally not the best solution