Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Modifying tables other than Profile from a landing page

Level 2

Hi,

I wonder whether it works to crate a form in a landing page to modify tables other than profile table in ACS.

I copied the OOB landing page template and chose another targeting dimension than profile in my copy. Then I created a landing page using my template and I tried different reconciliation keys and parameter mapping. Nothing seems to work. When I go to the testing page and choose an entry to modify, I end up immediately on the error page.

Is there any way of modifying other tables that profile from a form in a landing page?

Best regards

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi mustafaa6441711,

With the current ACS version this is not doable or better to say that the feature is not available.

You can use a landing page to only modify profile or a resource directly linked to profile.

Any disconnected custom resource will have to be modified using a new feature coming out in May release. It will allow you to pick the details for custom resource in a landing page. This landing page will be able to call a custom workflow containing external signal activity. LP will pass on parameters to this external signal which can be used to update the data in your custom resource.

Please keep an eye on the Adobe Campaign Help | Release Notes

Dedicated LP to directly modify custom resource is a future enhancement which will be made available by next year.

Regards,
Vipul

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi mustafaa6441711,

With the current ACS version this is not doable or better to say that the feature is not available.

You can use a landing page to only modify profile or a resource directly linked to profile.

Any disconnected custom resource will have to be modified using a new feature coming out in May release. It will allow you to pick the details for custom resource in a landing page. This landing page will be able to call a custom workflow containing external signal activity. LP will pass on parameters to this external signal which can be used to update the data in your custom resource.

Please keep an eye on the Adobe Campaign Help | Release Notes

Dedicated LP to directly modify custom resource is a future enhancement which will be made available by next year.

Regards,
Vipul

Level 1
Hi, is this already enabled? How do we use field from a different table in our landing page? thanks!

Community Advisor

Hi @Marylove,

As of now, A landing page cannot display or update data from any other resource than Profile and Subscription. Refer this documentation for more information: Landing Pages 

Thanks, Sathees

Thanks, Sathees

Level 2

Thanks @ramon_bisswanger for the quick response. 

Are you able to see if the feature is still on the roadmap? Or if it was it scrapped entirely? 

Level 1

Hi Vipul,

I have created a custom schema and added the link to profile (Please find the screenshot). In the LP template, I have added the targeting dimension as the custom profile and defined all the mapping. While submitting the LP, I am being redirected to error page. Can you please advice on how to proceed? Thanks!

sadrf1_0-1711002192298.png

Level 2

Hi Vipul,

We are facing same issue while creating a landing page to update Profile schema.

Can you please confirm that we can update custom fields added in profile schema through a landing page?

Awaiting response from your side.

Thanks

Bableen

Level 2

Thank you for your answer!

Actually, the table I am trying to modify from a landing page is directly connected to Profile, with 1-to-many relation, i.e. 1 profile can have many entries in the targeted table.

Is is possible to modify such data? Any guide for doing that?

Thanks!

Level 1

Hello Vipul,

Cannot find this in the release notes. Has this change been implemented?

Kind regards,

Jonathan