Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

integration

Level 2

How to integrate/access the DB2 tables in  Adobe campaign ? What are the prerequisites to import the tables in Adobe Campaign?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Parameshawar,

There is no special requirement / configuration required for DB2 and is the same like other Databases. You just need to install the DB2 client on your Campaign marketing server - from where you want to connect to DB2. For downloading this driver please refer to:

http://www-01.ibm.com/software/data/db2/linux-unix-windows/downloads.html :

Generic process to install this driver on a Cent-Os or Debian server :

tar -xvf ibm_data_server_runtime_client_linuxx64_v10.5.tar.gz

yum -y install xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.13.0-23.1.el6.centos.x86_64 xterm xorg-x11-fonts*

X &

xterm &

Switch to the xterm view

cd ~/rtcl

./db2setup

next

next

Choose Typical 290 - 350 MB, next

next

install it on /opt/ibm/db2/V10.5, next

Create a DB2 instance, next

Finish.

Now in Campaign:

After you install the Access external data package on your campaign instance (Tools>advanced>import package) , You need to create an external account of type : External Database and Connection type: DB2.

Then fill in the required information as shown in the screenshot attached and should be able to connect.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

Hi  Parmeshwar,

I hope this article will help you. Please note that the Federated data Access package is an optional module and there is an additional license required for this.

https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC6.1/en/PTF_Connectors_Accessing_an_external_database__FDA_.htm...

Let me know in case of any trouble.

Level 2

Hello Adhiyan,

I have gone through this, as there is not enough information is available regarding DB2.

can u suggest me some alternative or share other article? That will be helpful.

Thanks

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Parameshawar,

There is no special requirement / configuration required for DB2 and is the same like other Databases. You just need to install the DB2 client on your Campaign marketing server - from where you want to connect to DB2. For downloading this driver please refer to:

http://www-01.ibm.com/software/data/db2/linux-unix-windows/downloads.html :

Generic process to install this driver on a Cent-Os or Debian server :

tar -xvf ibm_data_server_runtime_client_linuxx64_v10.5.tar.gz

yum -y install xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.13.0-23.1.el6.centos.x86_64 xterm xorg-x11-fonts*

X &

xterm &

Switch to the xterm view

cd ~/rtcl

./db2setup

next

next

Choose Typical 290 - 350 MB, next

next

install it on /opt/ibm/db2/V10.5, next

Create a DB2 instance, next

Finish.

Now in Campaign:

After you install the Access external data package on your campaign instance (Tools>advanced>import package) , You need to create an external account of type : External Database and Connection type: DB2.

Then fill in the required information as shown in the screenshot attached and should be able to connect.

Level 2

Thanks Adhiyan, for the description.