Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Integration with Firebase Cloud Messaging to deliver iOS notification

Level 1

Dear All, 

we are currently using the Adobe Campaign Standard platform for sending push notifications to both iOS devices via direct integration with the Apple Push Notification Server and Android devices via direct integration with Firebase Cloud Messaging.

To realize this kind of integration currently, we are using the functionality offered by Adobe Launch.

We have been exploring the capabilities of Google Firebase Cloud Messaging, which offers the convenience of sending push notifications to both types of devices. Considering this, we are evaluating the possibility of integrating Adobe Campaign Standard with Firebase Cloud Messaging for sending push notifications to Apple devices as well. This integration would provide us with the advantage of leveraging Firebase Cloud Messaging's feature to maintain an online archive of notifications, a functionality not currently available in the Adobe Campaign Standard platform. 

In light of this, do you think that this kind of integration could be possible, or is there any technical hitch?

Regards

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Moriero,

Here is the documentation for configuring the integration for Android:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-standard-learn/getting-started-with-push-notificati...

I believe it is possible to configure iOS with Firebase based on web searches. Still, I do not see official Adobe documentation that walks through an iOS Firebase setup. This may take some finessing, so enlisting the aid of an Adobe Partner or Consultant may be advisable.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Moriero,

Here is the documentation for configuring the integration for Android:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-standard-learn/getting-started-with-push-notificati...

I believe it is possible to configure iOS with Firebase based on web searches. Still, I do not see official Adobe documentation that walks through an iOS Firebase setup. This may take some finessing, so enlisting the aid of an Adobe Partner or Consultant may be advisable.