Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Import Segments from Adobe Audience Manager to Adobe Campaign

Level 10

Hi,

Kindly suggest how to Import Segments from Adobe Audience Manager to Adobe Campaign automatically.

Accessing "Profiles and Targets" tab of Adobe Campaign is a manual process, that  needs to be done from time to time.

Also, it needs to be configured just once and run automatically to import segments to AC in near real time.

People Core Service may be the answer, but I do not have an URL for this exact requirement, that explains the process from AAM and from AC.

Appreciate all your replies.

Thanks,

Rama.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Rama,

Sorry to miss that out . Once you start the workflow it will run every one hour based on a schedule and fetch data automatcally , so the task of starting it just one time.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 10

Hi Rama,

The only way I see is through the AAM/People core service connector, described here: Importing/Exporting audiences

However, depending on how you acquire your data in AAM/People, the exchange process can take some time (like a day) which may not be quick enough for you.

You can also have a look at the Triggers integration (How to use Marketing Cloud Triggers with Adobe Campaign ) though I'm not sure this is what you are looking for.

Hope this helps,

Florent

Level 10

Thanks Florent for responding quickly.

My requirement is very simple: Import Audience segments created in AAM in to AC, automatically, as soon as possible, if not in real time.

When I follow the below URL and import audiences, is it a one time activity or a recurring one?

"AAM/People core service connector, described here: Importing/Exporting audiences",

Obviously, I am looking for a near real time solution and not a one time activity.

Your second link, Triggers is an integration between Adobe Campaign and Adobe Analytics using the pipeline.

My requirements is between AAM and AC.

If I am correct, your first option is the closest to my requirement.

Then, what should I do at AAM also? Ex: Create AC as destination and select to upload to People Core Service.....

Appreciate all your responses.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

Hi Florent,

Kindly respond asap, as I need to submit my report to my management.

Did I explain my requirement clearly or you need something else?

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks,

Rama.

Employee

Hello Rama,

Please follow the steps given in the article : Configuration

1>.The first step involved is to send an email to Digital-Request@adobe.com with the information contained in the form given in the article. This will ensure you have the right product contexts to be added to the marketing cloud Org

2>.Then your IMS authentication (login to Campaign using Marketing cloud login) will be activated . This step is not needed in case of ACS .

3>. SFTP credentials for accessing AAM sync files will be created and shared with you. These will need to be configured for the import and export  audience external accounts

4>. This will be followed by creating of AAM Datasource ID and Destination ID based on the type of integration sought (visitor ID or Declared ID)  by the AAM support team. once created they will have to put in the AMC data sources foler in Campiagn.

5>. Once the above steps are performed and you have access to both Campaign and AAM in marketing cloud , you can login using your Adobe ID in campaign and started to import / export audiences .

Importing/Exporting audiences

Let me know if there are any doubts

Regards,

Adhiyan

Level 10

Hi Adhiyan,

Highly appreciate your elaborate explanation.

I can declare that my knowledge on this subject has enhanced significantly now.

1. Is IMS (Adobe Identity Management System) different from Adobe Marketing Cloud ID?

2. Is IMS pertinent to Adobe Campaign alone?

3. How to enable IMS?

4. Your step#2 is not needed for ACS. Is ACS=Adobe Campaign Standard? It is needed for AC V6/V7?

5. After your step#5, will the audience segments pass from AAM to AC automatically?

I mean, a new segment created in AAM after all these configurations will pass to AC, without our intervention?

6. Is it done in real time or with some lag? How much is the lag?

Once you reply, I will complete my report and submit. (Kindly do not mind the number of these queries! .)

Thanks,

Rama.

Employee

Hello Rama,

Please find the answers below:

1. Is IMS (Adobe Identity Management System) different from Adobe Marketing Cloud ID?

IMS is the login layer or authentication mechanism used for Marketing cloud ID so in essence both are same .

2. Is IMS pertinent to Adobe Campaign alone?

No , IMS login is true for all Marketing cloud products . It's the framework for authenticating login to Marketing cloud

3. How to enable IMS?

If the Campaign server is hosted by Adobe , you just need to raise the request to Digital-Request@adobe.com.

If the Campaign server is on-premise , we will provide you with the details needed to configure the IMS login.

Link to Documentation :

https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC6.1/en/ITG_Connecting_via_an_Adobe_ID_Introduction.html

4. Your step#2 is not needed for ACS. Is ACS=Adobe Campaign Standard? It is needed for AC V6/V7?

Yes , ACS = Adobe Campaign standrad . It is only needed for V6/V7

5. After your step#5, will the audience segments pass from AAM to AC automatically?

I mean, a new segment created in AAM after all these configurations will pass to AC, without our intervention?

No , there is technical workflow called importSharedAudience which you will have to start manually . Once this is started it will bring in Audiences from AAM and create /update lists in Campaign automatically every 1h

6. Is it done in real time or with some lag? How much is the lag?

There is a lag in Onboarding the data on AAM (about 24 hours) but it can be less as well.

Let me know if there are any other questions.

Regards,

Adhiyan

Level 10

Hi Adhiyan,

I am looking for a way to automatically import audience segments, after all the required configurations are done, without someone having to intervene.

Is it possible to invoke that workflow importSharedAudience automatically periodically (Something like a scheduler)?

Appreciate your support.

Thanks,

Rama.

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Rama,

Sorry to miss that out . Once you start the workflow it will run every one hour based on a schedule and fetch data automatcally , so the task of starting it just one time.

Level 10

Hi Adhiyan,

I elaborated what you explained, by adding some URLs and screen shots and created a two page word document.

I request your quick review of the same.

Not seeing an option to attach files in the forum post.

Kindly suggest how I could ship it out to you asap.

I highly appreciate all your support.

Thanks,

Rama.