Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

How to Sync enumurations when using WEB Serivce Call instead of SFDC Connector to import data from SFDC.

Level 2

Hi ,

I am trying to Use WEB Service (SOAP Call) to import Data from SFDC to Adobe Campaign.I do not want to use SFDC Connector here. I wanted to know is there any way to synch Enumeration through SOAP. Or we have to manually create it in Adobe Campaign.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Nadeem,

You have the choice to either create a new method in an extended schema of xtk:enum or in xtk:enumValues (by adding method code in the Administration>Settings>Javascript codes node), or directly code in your client Soap call the xtk.session.Write or WriteCollection (or the entity save method, depending on your way to code).

Creating his own method is a recommended choice to hide the underlying details, for example if you don't want to expose some business rules to the client (and the developer in charge of the client). So the xtk.session.Write is coded in the method code, business rules checks etc.

If the client code is managed by the same developer profile (that has already access to the Adobe Campaign server or client as operator), it is more or less the same, and the main advantage is to avoid any specific documentation

My recommendation would be the method extension of schema if you need to implement some business rules.
It is very similar to the choice of stored procedures or directly code SQL queries in a client code...

Regards
J-Serge

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Nadeema,

I guess you mean a user enumeration, so the itemized lists that you can find in Administration>Platform>Enumerations.

In such case, please have a look on xtk:enum schema and its WSDL for SOAP call, and use the session.Write or entity save methods, depending on your code.

But in case of system enum declared in the schemas, they are only readable by JSAPI/Soap methods, not overwritten.

Regards
J-Serge

Level 2

Hi J-Serge,

Thanks  for the Detail overview. However i have small doubt. As i don't see any methods to create new Enumration.Do i need to Extend the Factory xtk.enum Schema and add methods accordingly?

Thanks

Nadeem

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Nadeem,

You have the choice to either create a new method in an extended schema of xtk:enum or in xtk:enumValues (by adding method code in the Administration>Settings>Javascript codes node), or directly code in your client Soap call the xtk.session.Write or WriteCollection (or the entity save method, depending on your way to code).

Creating his own method is a recommended choice to hide the underlying details, for example if you don't want to expose some business rules to the client (and the developer in charge of the client). So the xtk.session.Write is coded in the method code, business rules checks etc.

If the client code is managed by the same developer profile (that has already access to the Adobe Campaign server or client as operator), it is more or less the same, and the main advantage is to avoid any specific documentation

My recommendation would be the method extension of schema if you need to implement some business rules.
It is very similar to the choice of stored procedures or directly code SQL queries in a client code...

Regards
J-Serge