Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

File retention period for UPLOAD folder

Level 3

Hi All,

Could you please let me know whether there is a retention period for the files that gets uploaded in the location "/home/neolane/nl7/var/<instance_name>/upload/" when we upload a file using LOAD FILE activity in ACS? In short, how long will the file exists in the UPLOAD path that are uploaded via LOAD FILE activity?

Thanks,

Rajesh.S.S

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi @Rajesh_SS01,

I do not believe that retention policies affect assets in the filesystem.  Retention is for data stored in the DB tables.

Regards,
Sukrity 

Sukrity Wadhwa

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi @Rajesh_SS01,

I do not believe that retention policies affect assets in the filesystem.  Retention is for data stored in the DB tables.

Regards,
Sukrity 

Sukrity Wadhwa

Level 3

Hi Sukrity,

I would like to know when will the files get removed from the upload folder if there is no retention period for the files that were uploaded via data loading activity by selecting the option "Upload file from a local machine".

Thanks,

Rajesh.S.S.

Employee

Hi Rajesh,

In ACS you have an option to delete the source files after transfer from the directory.

As Sukriti rightly confirmed , the retention is for DB tables .

For the application server upload directory , you can choose to remove the files after transfer using the option in a workflow activity :

Adhiyan_0-1597926160648.png