Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

Adding target data to the delivery Logs

Level 4

Hi ,

we populated target data using enrichment and processed in the email content. But after email is launched , no where target data is appeared in the logs.

is there way to store target data elements into a delivery logs.

6 Replies

Employee

Hello Ashok,

TargetData elements are generally not stored anywhere in the logs because it's meant to insert dynamic values generated during a workflow execution.

But if you really want to insert them in the delivery logs , I guess a setup like this would work.

1>. Extend the broadLogRcp table to add the column targetData

2>. Enable the outbound transition of the delivery and attach the delivery to the update data activity.

3>. After you send the delivery using targetData , use an update data activity to populate the targetData field into broadLogRcp matching with each recipient

Please note , this will cause an extra INSERT query into the DB table which might impact the overall performance while deliveries are preparing.

Regards,

Adhiyan

Level 1

Would you be able to provide an example of the extend schema?

Level 2

Adhiyan - Can you please let me know the way to extend the broadLogRcp table in ACS? I know of 2 ways to extend the same -

1) Adding log extension for profile extension attributes

2) Adding workflow segment code to delivery logs

Both of the above extensions have specific purpose and I need additional columns in delivery logs for storing targetData. Please help.

Employee Advisor

Unfortunately that's the only 2 options available for now.

Custom targetData fields can't be stored in broadLog in ACS for now

Employee

Hi ,

I guess the option 2 would work to add workflow segments in broadlogs

regards,
Adhiyan

Level 2

Update data activity does not allow updating broadLogRcp in ACS!! Please suggest an alternate.