Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

ACS - Multilingual template with different content variant v2

Level 3

Hi! I'm following the next question https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-standard/acs-multilingual-template-w...

So, I want a multillingual message by Country, not by Preferred language.

Official suport reccomends to create a content block, so I created this content block

Silvio6_0-1665692164804.png

But when I go to choose the variants it keeps the "Preferred language"

Silvio6_1-1665692212906.png

And if I send this multilingual message I got the next error

Silvio6_2-1665692322312.png

- The emails format are OK

- Also the content variants are OK, that email belongs to CA and the other one to GB.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

That's the standard behavior.

Though you can just type any name + label in the fields and don't need to choose anything from the pre-defined list.

i.e. for your case, you can create 1 variant named CA and one named GB.

Notes:

• casing needs to be exactly the same than what is returned from the variant selection rule.
  • Using a standard field may not be the best solution as you need to have a 1:1 match for each country. You rather may adapt the standard language selection rule to also consider the default variant etc. in case no variant was found.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

That's the standard behavior.

Though you can just type any name + label in the fields and don't need to choose anything from the pre-defined list.

i.e. for your case, you can create 1 variant named CA and one named GB.

Notes:

• casing needs to be exactly the same than what is returned from the variant selection rule.
  • Using a standard field may not be the best solution as you need to have a 1:1 match for each country. You rather may adapt the standard language selection rule to also consider the default variant etc. in case no variant was found.