Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Accessing Event Variables in ACS (Transactional Messaging)

Level 5

Hi there,

I'm setting up some Transactional messages whereby the email trigger must be real time, but I cannot guarantee the profile will exist in the ACS profiles table.

Therefore I am setting up as an event transactional message rather than a profile transactional message.

At a later date, I'd like to be able to access details of each record of the event for follow up processing. This could be:

* Exporting back to data warehouse

* Updating a custom resource in ACS

* Cross referencing with profile data

For any of these activities, I need to be able to query the event and access the custom fields (and their values) that were created for the event. However, when i use a workflow query and change the resource to one of the events that has been set up... only the standard attributes (e.g. status) are visible, not the custom ones created for the event.

Can anyone share any insight on this? Is there a way to access those event fields? (they must be stored as i'm still able to view a mirror version of each email sent).

Thanks

David 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

True, they are not accessible in a query/enrichment activity.

Though they can be used in an Export File activity.

Either to upload them somewhere or you could directly parse the same file again in the workflow and then have the values accessible

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

True, they are not accessible in a query/enrichment activity.

Though they can be used in an Export File activity.

Either to upload them somewhere or you could directly parse the same file again in the workflow and then have the values accessible

Level 5

Hi @ramon_bisswanger

Thanks for the answer, really useful to see the ctx data available for export.

Are you essentially saying a workflow something like:

Query (delivery logs of event) --> Data Extract (including ctx fields) --> File Transfer (upload) to SFTP --> File Transfer (download) from SFTP --> Data Loading --> I'd now have the CTX data in a workflow temp schema for further processing.

And one more question if you don't mind....
Is it possible to query all delivery logs of all events (and then export a common ctx field?)

I think in my use case i'd like to export all delivery logs of all events (without having to specifically query explicit events) and a common ctx field they should all most likely have (e.g. ctx.customerID).

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks for the help.

Employee Advisor

For the workflow, you can link the Data Extract directly with the Data Loading activity.

There is no need to send that to the SFTP server in between.

For the query part, unfortunately I think it won't work.

You would have to process them event by event.

@ramon_bisswanger 

when we use steps line linking the Data Extract directly with the Data Loading activity, the ctx parameter becomes empty even though it is visible in the interim population. and we are not able to extract the data. Please let me know if there is any other way

Level 3

Hi there! Were you able to resolve this? I'm running into the same issue.
My workaround would be to create a data schema and trigger the RT api and the custom resource api. But if I can avoid this and do it via the file extract / load file approach, I'd prefer that.

Thanks!

Steven

Level 5

Thanks for responding.Good to know you can cut out the SFTP step.

Shame you can't query multiple events, but makes sense why. Sounds like a solution for a handful of events but not really flexible scaleable.

Thanks again