Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Workflow execution/DB session management

Level 3

Hi - Can anyone please explain how does Adobe Campaign manages the workflow executions, as in how does it manages the session with database.
For example - let's say if I have a workflow called WF-1, scheduled to run at a particular time T1, which module in campaign in responsible for identifying when the T1 has arrived and trigger it , is it wfserver ?

If so, does wfserver always keeps a connection open with database ?

The reason I am asking is that, we have a DB timeout parameter set a 30 min (in case session is Idle), and what we have seen is that let's say a workflow  WF1 got triggered and was running fine and it may have 10 Activities. If one of the activity in between has taken up let's say more than 2 hours to perform DB operation, then we have seen errors as ORA-01012: not logged while trying to insert logs into xtkworkflowlog table, so I presume that there was a master session which sort of works as a coordinator and manages when to execute the workflow etc., and that session with DB also writes logs etc. into the xtkworkflow table. If the activity has taken long time that means that the coordinator session / process was waiting for that activity to complete before doing any new log entry and ultimately due to DB timeout parameter set as 30 min, its gets logged out.

Regards,

Ankit

4 Replies

Level 10

Vipul Raghav​ Hi Vipul,

This is a follow up from database cleanup workflow

Thank you so much!

Employee Advisor

Hi Ankit,

yes it will be WFSERVER which will then pass the execution context to runwf,

Your questions are more related to product architecture and it will be best answered by Campaign Engineering.

Regards,
Vipul

Community Advisor

Is there any reason why you've set the idle time out to 30m

Level 3

This is as per standard policy with in our enterprise, and thus looking for more details about this product to so that can argue about correct values.

Regards

Ankit