Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Error in Data loading activity

Level 2

I tried loading data from a  text file in my local machine using the upload data activity.But the Upload data activity is getting an error . Please find the error logs.

09/20/2018 10:36:50 PM Start loading file '/usr/local/neolane/nl6/var/TEST_SERVER/export/C:/Temp/TEST/Sample Import/newmem.txt' into the database (step 'Data loading (file)')

09/20/2018 10:36:50 PM BAS-010014 Cannot open file '/usr/local/neolane/nl6/var/TEST_SERVER/upload/235fea4814ac2a412be07dfab85cc3f7.txt' with read access (errno=2, No such file or directory)

09/20/2018 10:36:50 PM WKF-560006 An error occurred when loading the '/usr/local/neolane/nl6/var/TEST_SERVER/upload/235fea4814ac2a412be07dfab85cc3f7.txt' file ('Data loading (file)' step).

Please provide a solution for this isuue

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi varunb19240133,

The error is being thrown by the data loading activity and the reason you are getting this error is because you have not uploaded the file on to server.

Your file is placed on your local machine at path "C:/Temp/TEST/Sample Import/newmem.txt". This is what you have configured in the Data Loading activity. When you try to run the workflow, it expects the file to be available on the server side which is not the case here as the file is on your local machine.

Please upload the file on server side using the Upload on Server button.

Regards,
Vipul

Level 2

Hi Vipul Raghav

I have already  uploaded the file in the server using upload on server button but error is still there .Please find below  the screenshot of the activity.

error.png

Level 2

Hi varunb19240133​,varunb19240133

Can you update file permission to have read|execute and then try to upload it to the server.

Regards,

Preetham

Level 2

Hi preethamkm​,

Thanks for your reply.U mean the folder in the server(usr/local/neolane/nl6/var/instancename/upload) to which read/execute should be assigned?.The current permission of folder is drwxr-xr-x.Also ideally the file after uploading to the server used to fall in a folder called upload under usr/local/neolane/nl6/var/instancename/upload.But in this case we could n't see the file getting generated in this location and also we are not getting any error while uploading file to server.Please share your valuable inputs.

Level 2

This is something to do with file encoding config. Could you please ensure, file encoding is same as the one you have configured in file format option of data upload activity. if not open the file in notepad, click save as >> you can find encoding setting at the bottom of the window dialogue.

File-encoding.JPG

BAS-010014​

Level 2

Hi preethamkm​,

The encoding was different,so changed it to unicode encoding using notepad.But still the same error message occurs in data loading activity.

Community Advisor

Hi varunb19240133,

I think it's not related to permission of the file, rather the path where the file is uploaded and it is picked from.

As you can see it is uploading to "'/usr/local/neolane/nl6/var/TEST_SERVER/export" and trying to read from "/usr/local/neolane/nl6/var/TEST_SERVER/upload".

I tried to reproduce this case and can see that both the paths are same.

Please find the audit log below.

10/10/2018 10:44:32 Workflow 'xxx' is being run

10/10/2018 10:44:32 Workflow restarted (operator 'xxx')

10/10/2018 10:44:32 Task 3 (activity 'fileImport') aborted

10/10/2018 10:44:32     fileImport Start loading file '/usr/local/neolane/nl6/var/xxx/export/C:/SS/Misc/Cut Over/SIT Recon Report/xxx.csv' into the database (step 'Data loading (file)')

10/10/2018 10:44:32     fileImport 904 records(s) loaded from the file '/usr/local/neolane/nl6/var/xxx/export/C:/SS/Misc/Cut Over/SIT Recon Report/xxx.csv' (step 'Data loading (file)' - 0 ignored)

10/10/2018 10:44:32 Workflow finished

I suppose you need to check if there is any special configuration for the path.

Regards,

Deb