Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Deleting Operator

Level 2

Hello! Is there a way to delete an operator who has created something in AC? We tried to delete an operator but encountered the following error:

1541013_pastedImage_0.png

It seems like the only way to delete this operator is to remove / update all the links to another operator but this doesn't seem right as it impacts audit trail and accountability. The reason why we need to delete the operator is because this person has left the company. What is the best practice in this case? Do we just disabled the account? Is there any way to delete operator if it is required?

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

You should always disable the user to avoid inconsistencies.

Disabling the operator is possible from the Edit >> Access rights tab of operator window

1541027_pastedImage_0.png

Level 2

Hi Vipul! Thanks for the quick response! So apart from disabling the account, there is no way to delete the operator?

Employee Advisor

Hi justinat1137566,

You can absolutely delete an operator but there is no factory solution that will work for you. So an operator can be associated with mutliple entities like workflows, deliveries, custom entities based on your business requirement.

Depending upon the links you have created with operator schema, the operator might act as a parent record to many child records and hence trying to delete a parent can be prohibited (like what you are observing here). The option then will be to delete the  child record or associate the child record with some other operator and once all the links have been broken, then delete the operator.

Regards,
Vipul

Level 1

Hi,

Based on the error message displayed, how can you locate the offending item. I've tried to locate what is stopping me delete without much success. I'm also getting similar errors in deleting. There is key, but not sure where/how to use this

Any assistance appreciated

Cheers....Gary

Level 3

I think one way of identifying it would be to see what all links your operator table (schema) has and search for referenced records (based on the attribute on which link has been defined) for this particular operator in all those linked schema, which will be your offending items. 

You can refer Schema structure to get an idea on how can you find it out the linked schema I believe and if you are comfortable with sql and run queries directly on database, then there are other ways as well

On a separate note, Vipul Raghav​ - do you know if audit information about operator login is stored somewhere which can be used to identify whether the operator has been active/inactive for a certain period of days and based on which decisions can be taken up to delete /disable the operators ?

Regards,

Ankit

Level 2

@ankitkochar 

Replying to your question raised for the audit information - 

The Audit Trail will log and list operator actions, such as creation, modification, and deletion for workflows, options, and source schema. (available in 19.1 and above version for classic)

To access your instance's Audit trail :
Access the Explorer menu of your instance. Under the Administration menu, select Audit .

The Audit trail window opens with the list of entities. Adobe Campaign will audit the create, edit and delete actions for workflows, options and schemas.
Select one of the entities to learn more about the last modifications or you can choose a filter to see the users who modified objects.

audit_trail_2.png