Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

☕[Adobe Campaign Community Q&A Coffee Break] 7/22/21, 8am PT: Scott Segrin, Principal Enterprise Architect☕

Administrator

Join us for our next Adobe Campaign Community Q&A Coffee Break, on Thursday, July 22nd, 2021 @ 8am PT

Register here for this Adobe Campaign Community Q&A Coffee Break.

We'll be joined by Scott Segrin aka @scotts44930614, Principal Enterprise Architect for Adobe Campaignwho will be signed in here to the Adobe Campaign Community to chat directly with you on this thread to take your Adobe Campaign questions pertaining to his areas of expertise: 

• Adobe Campaign Integrations -
    • Adobe Campaign + Experience Cloud Solutions,
    • Adobe campaign & Adobe Experience Platform, and
    • other 3rd party solutions

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE 

1. Must be signed in to the Community during the 1-hour period 
  2. Must post a Question about Adobe Campaign Coffee Break topic on this thread
  3. Think of this as the Adobe Campaign Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Click the blue “Reply” button at the bottom right corner of this post
  2. Begin your Question with @scotts44930614 
  3. When exchanging messages with Scott about your specific question, be sure to use the editor’s "QUOTE" button, which will indicate which post you're replying to, and will help contain your conversation with Scott

Sukrity_Wadhwa_1-1626706584871.jpegScott has over 10 years of experience in both campaign management with a concentrated focus on technical integrations and architecture. Scott has held roles as a Campaign Architect, Multi-Solution Architect, and most recently as an Enterprise Architect focused on Adobe Experience Platform. Scott uses his expertise and passion for problem solving to make recommendations for optimization, technical solutioning, and emphasizes adherence to best practices.

Sukrity Wadhwa
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

18 Replies

Level 3

Hi everyone. Looking forward to answering your questions.

Employee

Hi Scott,

From your experience , What do you think are some key points while integrating AAM with Adobe Campaign.

This is one of the most widely used integrations and also one prone to many issues.

Regards,

Adhiyan

Level 3

@Adhiyan wrote:

Hi Scott,

From your experience , What do you think are some key points while integrating AAM with Adobe Campaign.

This is one of the most widely used integrations and also one prone to many issues.

Regards,

Adhiyan

Hi Adhiyan, 

Thank you for posting the question. There are a few key points to note when setting up the integration. 

1. Be aware of the provisioning time for the integration. You can work with Adobe Client Care on this but it could take multiple days for provisioning to be completed. 

2. There is some latency with the sharing of audiences and could be 24-72 hours for getting data from AAM -> Campaign.

3. When doing the initial implementation, allow for extra time for testing as there is delay in segment sharing as mentioned in point 2. 

What are the use cases for your business for this integration?

Are you on Campaign Classic or Campaign Standard?

Additional documentation on this integration can be found here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-cloud-kcs/kbarticles/KA-16470.html?lang=it-IT

Thank you, 

Scott

Administrator

Hi @scotts44930614, Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions today!

This question was originally posted by Community member @rajendra07:
“we have created destination for Azure Event hubs and Amazon Kinesis in AEP. Now we want to create connection from Azure Event hubs or Amazon Kinesis to Adobe Campaign by creating External accounts. I have not found any documentation online from Adobe.

Is it possible to do that? Please let me know your suggestion on this. Thanks in advance!!”

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-questions/is-it-possible-to-...

Sukrity Wadhwa

Level 3

@Sukrity_Wadhwa wrote:

Hi @scotts44930614, Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions today!

This question was originally posted by Community member @rajendra07:
“we have created destination for Azure Event hubs and Amazon Kinesis in AEP. Now we want to create connection from Azure Event hubs or Amazon Kinesis to Adobe Campaign by creating External accounts. I have not found any documentation online from Adobe.

Is it possible to do that? Please let me know your suggestion on this. Thanks in advance!!”

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-questions/is-it-possible-to-...

Hi @rajendra07

What are the use cases for the sharing of data from AEP to Campaign? Campaign (classic and standard) doesn’t natively integrate with Azure Event Hubs or Amazon Kinesis but this can be explored as a configuration/customization in classic.

Thanks,

Scott

Level 2

What is the best way to use ECID across all the channels to identify the users? Can I enable ECID for email campaigns, Landing pages for email from Campaign,  and web applications from Adobe Campaign, including subscription forms. ?

Is there any native support available from Adobe to co-relate users based on ECID or do we need to address that manually / Leverage any Adobe APIs to co-relate users? 

Level 3

@rohnj wrote:

What is the best way to use ECID across all the channels to identify the users? Can I enable ECID for email campaigns, Landing pages for email from Campaign,  and web applications from Adobe Campaign, including subscription forms. ?

Is there any native support available from Adobe to co-relate users based on ECID or do we need to address that manually / Leverage any Adobe APIs to co-relate users? 

Hi Rohn, 

Thank you for posting the question. 

Yes, ECID is typically what we use for sharing segments between ACC and AAM/AA/Target.

This is the documentation on it getting it configured: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/integrating-with-adobe-experience-clo...

Please be aware that using ECID is not as beneficial as using declared id (your known customer identifier). The reason being is because you will have a lower match rate when using ECID because the ECID in Adobe Campaign is only set for users by the Campaign tracking server and for customers that have clicked a link in an email you sent. 

Also: this ACC integrations page is a good to use as a reference as well: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/integrating-with-adobe-experience-clo...

Thanks, 

Scott

Level 2

Thank you Scott

Is there any other suggested identifiers which we can use, if not ECID? 

We do have other business identifiers for some channels - but we wanted to use another identifier to correlate the users when such a business key is not available. 

Secondly, which is the source system that generates ECID-? Is it Adobe Analytics or is it somewhere else?

Level 3

@rohnj wrote:

Thank you Scott

Is there any other suggested identifiers which we can use, if not ECID? 

We do have other business identifiers for some channels - but we wanted to use another identifier to correlate the users when such a business key is not available. 

Secondly, which is the source system that generates ECID-? Is it Adobe Analytics or is it somewhere else?

Hi @rohnj

You can use any identifier that you are capturing through your data collection. Depending on the solution you are integrating with (Analytics/AAM), you'll need to ensure the identifier you want to use for reconciliation in Campaign is being captured. 

More documentation on this is here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/integrating-with-adobe-experience-clo...

Adobe Campaign has the algorithm for generating the ECID. The ECID is stored on the trackingLogRcp table after a user clicks on the link in an email sent from Adobe Campaign. 

Thanks,

Scott

Level 2

Thank you@scotts44930614 

Can you please let me know which column will have the ECID information in the trackingLogRcp table?

I see following columns, but did not find any ECID in these.

ibroadlogid
ideliveryid
irecipientid
itrackinglogid
iurlid
iuseragent
**bleep**ternalid
ssourceid
ssourcetype
tslog

Administrator

Hi @scotts44930614,

Another question that was originally posted by Community member @praveenh9316085 :
“I am working on enabling LDAP on client. So far have been successful with Plain text authentication. When i switch to Plain Text password (TLS/SSL) i am not able to connect and get errors.

Note: We are using port 389, On-Prem deployment.

My question is more on if there is additional work needs to be done to use TLS/SSL authentication. LDAP admin has imported the cert into application server. I did not find any further documentation on documentation portal

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/campaign-classic/using/installing-campaign-classic/additional...

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-questions/ldap-integration/q...

Sukrity Wadhwa

Level 3

Hi @praveenh9316085

Did you follow all of the steps noted in the documentation here? https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/installing-campaign-classic/connect-t...

Have you also tested with just the plain text password option?

Thanks, 
Scott

Level 3

Thank you to everyone who submitted questions. If you have any additional questions, please post them here and we will answer them when we are able to. 

Administrator

Thanks a lot @scotts44930614 for taking out the time to chat with us today! This was supremely helpful.

Sukrity Wadhwa

Level 2

With Adobe campaign workflow, can I create some scoring /ranking of the leads coming in created? Are there any best practices available in doing such ? 

Can i have services like AWS lamda or another 3rd party cloud services invoked from Adobe Campaign workflow to do this scoring of the incoming leads? 

Level 3

@rohnj wrote:

With Adobe campaign workflow, can I create some scoring /ranking of the leads coming in created? Are there any best practices available in doing such ? 

Can i have services like AWS lamda or another 3rd party cloud services invoked from Adobe Campaign workflow to do this scoring of the incoming leads? 

Hi @rohnj

Is this for Campaign Classic or Campaign Standard?

Through a Campaign workflow, you can do data calculations such as aggregates, scoring, ranking, etc. on incoming data and store the calculations in a temporary table during the workflow processing or store the calculations to a table in the database to be used later. Example of data processing for aggregates can be found here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/automating-with-workflows/use-cases/d...

Thanks,

Scott