Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Campaign User Groups are live now. Join our Adobe Campaign User Groups and connect with your local leaders!
SOLVED

Push notifications "open" not working - Does not redirect where it should

Level 7

Hello, i'm having troubles with the "Open" command in Push Notifications. 

When I send the notification, it appears but the "Open" command is not working - It does not redirect to where it should. 

What am I missing? How should I format the open parameter for it to work? i'm trying with openOp/url and openURL/url. Any insight?? 

@_Manoj_Kumar_ @ParthaSarathy @Parvesh_Parmar @DavidKangni

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @CampaignerForLife 

Could you please share how the deep link is configured in the APP? Are you using OOTB click action or using application variables for deep-linking?

If you are using the application variables for deeplink then the mobile developer will have to capture all those variables by OnMessageReceived function.

Here is an example:

public void onMessageReceived(RemoteMessage remoteMessage) {
		Log.d(LOG_TAG, "From: " + remoteMessage.getFrom());
		if (AEPMessagingService.handleRemoteMessage(this, remoteMessage)) {
			// Campaign extension has handled the notification
		} else {
			// Handle notification from other sources
		}
	}

In this function, the app can check for click_action (in case of OOTB click action) or any other variable in case of application variables.

Mobile App will have to take this action of redirection or opening a URL. AEP Mobile SDK won't do this out of the box.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @CampaignerForLife 

Could you please share how the deep link is configured in the APP? Are you using OOTB click action or using application variables for deep-linking?

If you are using the application variables for deeplink then the mobile developer will have to capture all those variables by OnMessageReceived function.

Here is an example:

public void onMessageReceived(RemoteMessage remoteMessage) {
		Log.d(LOG_TAG, "From: " + remoteMessage.getFrom());
		if (AEPMessagingService.handleRemoteMessage(this, remoteMessage)) {
			// Campaign extension has handled the notification
		} else {
			// Handle notification from other sources
		}
	}

In this function, the app can check for click_action (in case of OOTB click action) or any other variable in case of application variables.

Mobile App will have to take this action of redirection or opening a URL. AEP Mobile SDK won't do this out of the box.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Community Advisor

Hello @CampaignerForLife 

Even for OOTB Click function, it is apps responsibility to redirect the customer to a specific page. AEP Mobile SDK won't do this automatically. 

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn