Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Preloading values not reflected in front end webapp checkbox

Employee
Has anyone had a similar problem when preloading a record on a webapp, the context shows the correct value, but this is not reflected in the html object? I am using the new page activity: DAVID-GARCIA_2-1610550485724.png

_debug shows ctx context preloaded with flag correctly

DAVID-GARCIA_0-1610550398665.png

On the webapp frontend the checkbox is not checked.....

DAVID-GARCIA_1-1610550398666.png

Input form syntax:

<input id="uni_news" type="checkbox" checked="checked" data-nl-bindto="xpath" data-nl-xpath="@universityNews" />
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @DAVID-GARCIA ,

Yes, I was facing a similar issue.

I solved it by updating the checkbox value with javascript

Here is a sample code

<% if(ctx.vars.value=="1"){ %>
<Script>
document.getElementById("checkbox").checked = true;
</script>
<% }% >

Thanks,

Manoj

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Employee
I can see this issue only affects when using a custom schema, I am testing another webapp which preloads data from the recipient table and the data preloads just fine.

Community Advisor
I am not sure but I think custom schema does not go well with the data-nl tags

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Employee

Yeah that seems to be the case, wondering why noone from engineering is fixing this issue, I think the issue is only with the checkboxes and possible radios, as the data preloads fine to a text input type when is a string, but not checkboxes.

Employee

Hi Manoj, I can't seem to reply to you, I am also inclined to use that approach as I had spent the last 24 hours troubleshooting the issue to no avail, does that mean this is an actual bug?