Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Page v5 compatibility > Input Advanced Tab > On Value Change Functionality

Level 2

Hello!

While building a web form with a Page (v5 compatibility) activity, I brought in an input field for the recipient to enter their first name. I noticed in the Advanced tab (where you can adjust the label formatting, input zone, etc.) there is an option for "On value change" with and LOV of "Do Nothing, Refresh page, or Refresh an item".

If I select "Refresh an item", a third line appears underneath asking "Item to refresh".

Questions: What does this do and how would I leverage this properly?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Zamwize ,

'On Value Change' is additional feature provided to design your input form. 

Various options are the action you want to perform on input form. i.e

When user changes the value entered in 'First Name' field, do you want page to load again, or to refresh another field or do nothing on the page.

This feature might not seem important for first name field, but it will be helpful when one field is dependent on other for example you have two fields:

Field1 having values of 'State' and Field2 having values of 'ZipCode'.

Each time you change value of Field1, you do want to refresh complete page or particular Field2 and pick relevant values for Field2. 

Thanks,

Jyoti

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Zamwize ,

'On Value Change' is additional feature provided to design your input form. 

Various options are the action you want to perform on input form. i.e

When user changes the value entered in 'First Name' field, do you want page to load again, or to refresh another field or do nothing on the page.

This feature might not seem important for first name field, but it will be helpful when one field is dependent on other for example you have two fields:

Field1 having values of 'State' and Field2 having values of 'ZipCode'.

Each time you change value of Field1, you do want to refresh complete page or particular Field2 and pick relevant values for Field2. 

Thanks,

Jyoti

Level 1

Hi @Jyoti_Yadav ,

Following up on @Zamwize 's question, how do we leverage that "Item to refresh" option?

I have a form with some checkboxes (default unchecked) and, upon checking the final one ("all of the above") I would like all the rest to be checked automatically.

How do I indicate, in the Advanced tab of this last checkbox, that if the value changes, it has to check all the rest of checkboxes?

Thank you,