Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Multiple or Hierarchy drop down in Adobe Campaign

Level 4

Hi All,

Is hierarchy type drop down possible in Adobe Campaign.

I am trying to give multiple hierarchy drop down for a field in delivery properties.

Example: 

Greeshma_Sampath1_0-1637058996755.png

Thanks & Regrads,

Greeshma

@Manoj_Kumar_ 

@Deb_Tripathy 

@DavidKangni 

@Jyoti_Yadav 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Greeshma_Sampath1 ,

I don't think so it is possible.

You want to save value based on multiple selection, so you can have multiple drop down fields. Let's understand using an example

Ex: Suppose you want to have campaign type as one drop down. And suppose I selected "Recurring" as campaign type and based on this selection another drop down should appear which will display value as "Daily", "Weekly", "Monthly". 

Using above method you can save and select multiple Hierarchy field value.

Thanks,

Jyoti

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Greeshma_Sampath1 ,

I don't think so it is possible.

You want to save value based on multiple selection, so you can have multiple drop down fields. Let's understand using an example

Ex: Suppose you want to have campaign type as one drop down. And suppose I selected "Recurring" as campaign type and based on this selection another drop down should appear which will display value as "Daily", "Weekly", "Monthly". 

Using above method you can save and select multiple Hierarchy field value.

Thanks,

Jyoti

Level 4

Yes for this process I was trying to check how that can be implemented.

So how can i add the code to schema for this process is my doubt mainly.

Can you please help me out in that?

Thanks & Regards,

Greeshma

Community Advisor

Hi @Greeshma_Sampath1 ,

1) First extend the nms:delivery schema. You need to define columns in the extended schema. Decide number of new columns needs for the design. And then create those drop down ( enumeration). Also define enumeration values.

2) Once your new columns are defined in the schema. Then you need to do the addition in "Input Forms - nms:Delivery". Condition based display of columns will be done in Forms. Decide under which tab of the Delivery Properties, you want to do new column additions.

If you need help with design, then you need to elaborate on column values and how they should be displayed.

Thanks,

Jyoti

Level 4

Hi @Jyoti_Yadav 

This is the enumeration i gave for the column @deliveryCode in nms;delivery extended schema.

<enumeration basetype="string" label="deliveryCode" name="deliveryCode">
<value desc="Promo Group" label="Promo Group" name="Promo_Group"/>
<value desc="Control Group 1" label="Control Group 1" name="Control_Group_1"/>
<value desc="Control Group 2" label="Control Group 2" name="Control_Group_2"/>
</enumeration>

So what i need is when someone clicks on @deliverycode then it will show Promo Group,Control Group 1,Control Group 2 like a dropdown and after that when some one places the mouse pointer in anyone of these 3 its should show another set of dropdown, for example if the pointer is at Control Group 2 > control group 2.1,control group 2.2 (as dropdown).

Code for @deliveryCode in input form.

<container colspan="2" type="visibleGroup" visibleIf="[/ignored/@triggerMessage]!=1">
<input xpath="@deliveryCode"/>
</container>

Thanks & Regards,

Greeshma

Community Advisor

Hi @Greeshma_Sampath1 ,

Right below your deliveryCode container in Form, you can define:

<container colspan="2" type="visibleGroup" visibleIf="EV(@deliveryCode,'control_group_1')">

<input xpath="@second_dropdown1"/>

</container>

<container colspan="2" type="visibleGroup" visibleIf="EV(@deliveryCode,'control_group_2')">

<input xpath="@second_dropdown2"/>

</container>

Thanks,

Jyoti