Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

View all

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

mtachind is not working in hybrid model's on premise QA Adobe Campaign Server

balakrishnavalavala
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Team,

 

     Based on previous posts we have successfully configured the mta and mtachild based on below settings in config-instance.xml file in local server I have set up in my personal laptop and able to send the sms using extended SMPP connector.

<mta args="-verbose -tracefilter:*" autoStart="true" statServerAddress="localhost">
<child>
<smtp>
<IPAffinity name="default,mid.default,dev.default,test.default">
<!-- For dev instances, if you need a default IP (not recommended), use address="0.0.0.0" -->
<!-- <IP address="" heloHost="" publicId="" weight=""/> -->
<!--<IP address="0.0.0.0" heloHost="localhost.localdomain" publicId="1" weight="1"/>-->
<!--<IP address="192.168.0.1" heloHost="localhost.localdomain" publicId="1" weight="1"/>-->
<IP address="localhost" heloHost="My personal laptop's hostname" publicId="1" weight="1"/>
</IPAffinity>
</smtp>
</child>
</mta>

 

But the same set up is not working in our marketing side QA ACC server.

 

Could someone please help to setup the mtachild module.

 

Note: mta module is running fine but not the mtachild

 

This is an urgent requirement and awaiting for the solution ASAP for the issues we are facing.

 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution
balakrishnavalavala
Correct answer by
Level 4
Level 4

Hi David,

 

     Thank you so much for the support. And our issue is due to extra args we added in the mta chind tags. i.e. in main mta and child tags we added args="-verbose". It looks like we need to add in main MTA tag only other wise in mta child command an extra -verbose is coming and causing the issues. Whenever i removed the extras args we give in child, it started working for us. This is the assumption and if is is wrong then please correct me. As of now mtachild is working fine.

 

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies
David__Garcia
Level 9
Level 9

You need to setup the statserveraddress correctly as well as possibly add your smsc ip to security zone

 

 

<mta autoStart="true" statServerAddress="addressofstatserver:7777">
	<master maxSpareServers="1"/>
	<child maxWorkingSetMb="512">
		<smtp>
			<IPAffinity name="default">
				<IP address="0.0.0.0" heloHost="helo.whatever.helo" publicId="" weight="1"/>
			</IPAffinity>
		</smtp>
	</child>
</mta>
<stat autoStart="true"/>
<wfserver autoStart="true"/>
<inMail autoStart="true"/>
<sms autoStart="true"/>

try adding your smsc IP in the securityzones

<subNetwork id="yoursmscname" mask="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"/>

Here are some guides:

  1. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/installing-campaign-classic/additiona...
  2. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/installing-campaign-classic/additiona...
  3. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/installing-campaign-classic/appendice...
  4. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/installing-campaign-classic/additiona...

Give us a dump of the running services also

nlserver pdump -who
nlserver monitor -missing

and try restarting the services see what error you get on the console, here are some guide for commands https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/monitoring-campaign-classic/productio...

balakrishnavalavala
Level 4
Level 4

Hi David,

 

    Thank you so much for the valuable information and will this info to make our machilid module work and will come back here for further questions.

 

Thanks

balakrishnavalavala
Correct answer by
Level 4
Level 4

Hi David,

 

     Thank you so much for the support. And our issue is due to extra args we added in the mta chind tags. i.e. in main mta and child tags we added args="-verbose". It looks like we need to add in main MTA tag only other wise in mta child command an extra -verbose is coming and causing the issues. Whenever i removed the extras args we give in child, it started working for us. This is the assumption and if is is wrong then please correct me. As of now mtachild is working fine.

 

Thanks

View solution in original post