Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Memo field is not working properly

Level 4

Hi,

I have a memo field "Description" in my custom schema. I wanted to display this field in my delivery.

I added this field in Query activity using "Add data" option.

But the field is not moving to next transition. I didn't get any error too.

Vapsy​, hillaryc26951904​, pierrec70731455​, Jean-Serge Biron​, guillermoL​ Kindly provide your feedback.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

I was trying to store a long text field. So I used memo data type.

Later i tried String type with length = 2000 for field Description. This worked fine for me.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 5

Hi,

can you provide some printscreens plz?

Kind regards,

Pierre

Level 4

Adding fields Disclaimer and Intro Feature memo fields in Query Activity

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 3.16.32 PM.png

I have selected "Display target" option on the outbound query transition. I got the below result, memo fields are missing.

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 3.17.22 PM.png

Vapsy, hillaryc26951904, pierrec70731455, Jean-Serge Biron, guillermoL Kindly provide your feedback.

Level 4

Is there any workaround for this bug in Adobe Campaign? pierrec70731455Vapsyhillaryc26951904Jean-Serge Bironflorentlb

Level 5

Hi,

I don't think you can display a memo since it is not an SQL field but an XML one.

you need to use some method like Substring(MyMemo,0,255)

Kind regards,

Pierre

Level 7

Hello,

You cannot access memo field from Query (Additional Data) since it is not a SQL Field. You can fetch it in the Data Extraction activity where you can able to view it in Display Target (or) directly in the Script tab of the Recurring Delivery if your schema is linked to Delivery schema.

Regards,

Sri Bhargav

Level 4

How do i declare XML type fields?

Do XML fields have any restriction on the size? (Like String - 255)

@pierrec70731455 Could you please share examples?

Correct answer by
Level 4

I was trying to store a long text field. So I used memo data type.

Later i tried String type with length = 2000 for field Description. This worked fine for me.