Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

JWT to OAUTH migration on classic v7

Level 2

Hi all,

I am a semi new developer on adobe campaign classic v7 and very new to all these JWT / Oauth technologies so please excuse me ! 

I am working for a client which uses JWT on Adobe Campaign API.

I upgraded to 7.4.1 and made the new credentials in developer console, but don't understand where to go from here.

The old way to use JWT was use this command in the bin folder of campaign classic nlserver config -instance:crmadobe_prod -setimsjwtauth:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

but i can't see to find any command to get the new oauth. 

Can anyone help me where to go from here ? or tell me if you need more information about it.

Regards Robert.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @RobertOl1 ,

If you completed the migration from JWT to Oauth then the command is 

nlserver config -instance:<instance_name> -setimsauth:ims-org-id/client-id/technical-account-id/client-secret

Also don't forget to update your API call with the header. you should add the Authorization: Bearer <IMS_Technical_Token_Token> in the calls.

You can find more details on migration here 

Thanks,

David

David Kangni

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Robert,

Have you checked out the documentation below? It is pretty detailed in how to implement and use Oauth.

https://developer.adobe.com/developer-console/docs/guides/authentication/ServerToServerAuthenticatio...

Regards,

Craig

Level 2

Hi Craig, yes i've use that and i reached the / and have the access token, i just don't know where / how to use it.

As i said the old token was used in a command in the bin folder in adobe classic v7

nlserver config -instance:crmadobe_prod -setimsjwtauth: JWT_TOKEN

I have no idea where to use the Oauth Access Token / overwrite the JWT, thats my current problem right now.

Regards Robert.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @RobertOl1 ,

If you completed the migration from JWT to Oauth then the command is 

nlserver config -instance:<instance_name> -setimsauth:ims-org-id/client-id/technical-account-id/client-secret

Also don't forget to update your API call with the header. you should add the Authorization: Bearer <IMS_Technical_Token_Token> in the calls.

You can find more details on migration here 

Thanks,

David

David Kangni

Level 2

Hi David ! Thanks, that looks exactly like what i'm looking for! 

One more question before I try it. 

They ONLY have a PROD environment (i know), but doing this the JWT will still work until I delete it right ?

Regards Robert.

Community Advisor

Hi @RobertOl1 

Yes the JWT will work until you delete it or until the current key pair expires.

But keep in mind that, you may receive frequent alert from Adobe console (enable by default) to take an action for JWT integration

Thanks,

David

David Kangni