Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

GPG key Encryption/Decryption and Unable to decrypt file in Data loading activity

Level 3

Hi All,

I want to encrypt the data file coming into the adobe and decrypt the same to consume it in adobe campaign. This can be done by generating GPG key pair in control panel.

I have generated the key pair in control panel and used the generated public key to encrypt the data file. I tried two different ways to encrypt the data file :

1. by importing public key in "Kleopatra"

2. by importing the key in Windows command prompt.

The file got encrypted successfully by both ways. Then I placed these "Book2.csv.gpg" files in Adobe sFTP location. Later I created a Workflow in which I took file collector activity to fetch the encrypted file and the file was successfully fetched followed by which data loading activity is taken with "Decrypt" command. Whlile decrypting I am getting an error due to which unable to decrypt and load the file.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Also I wanted to understand whether I used right ways to encrypt the csv file, if not then please let me know the other way by which we can encrypt the file using gpg public key.

Console Version : Adobe Classic 7

Build : 9282

Data Loading Activity :

NeelamBakre_0-1637865911294.png

Below Error is thrown when I used Kleopatra generated Encrypted file.

NeelamBakre_3-1637867270057.png

Below Error is thrown when I used Windows cmd prompt through generated Encrypted file.

NeelamBakre_2-1637867127327.png

Thanks and Regards,

Neelam B.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @Craig_Thonis  

Thank you for the reply

Apologies for delayed response.

This issue got resolved now. Earlier we were using Kleopatra tool to encrypt the file but the Adobe's GPG public key was not getting imported properly in tool and the tool was creating its own key for encryption hence its was not matching with Adobe end's private key which causing decryption issue.

Now We used Git Bash tool to encrypt the file and same gets decrypted properly at adobe's end. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

gpg --batch --passphrase passphrase --decrypt <%=vars.filename%>

David__Garcia_2-1637900854370.png

Try this guide

1. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/getting-started/importing-and-exporti...

Check this thread out (standard) https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-standard/decrypting-files-before-ing...

The key is then available for use in Adobe Campaign workflows. You can use it to encrypt data when using data extraction activities.

Discover this feature in video

For more on this topic, refer to Adobe Campaign documentation:

Campaign Classic v7 and Campaign v8:

Level 3

Hi @david--garcia ,

Thanks for your response.

The link/Video that you have provided is for Encrypting the data which is going out of the Adobe Campaign.

My requirement is to encrypt the data outside Adobe , place it in Adobe sFTP path using winSCP, Fetch and Decrypt it in Adobe Campaign. For which I have generated the GPG key in control panel.

Also the screenshot that you have shared of gpg command is now disabled in latest version and instead one drop down is provided with 3 values : None , Decrypt , Decompress

Is there any other way to decrypt the file data ? such as using javascript or something ?

Employee Advisor

Hi Neelam,

I would recommend reaching out to Adobe Campaign Support, especially if you have a hosted instance. We have numerous reports of similar issues in the past and typically it takes the Campaign Ops team to review the serverconf.xml to ensure that there have been no misconfiguration and that everything has been configured for gpg.

If you host your own instance than one thing I would recommend checking is whether the keys being imported are set to be trusted by the Neolane user.

To ensure this the commands below would need to be executed (at least on a Debian OS):

echo use-agent >> ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf
echo pinentry-mode loopback >> ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf
echo allow-loopback-pinentry >> ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf
echo RELOADAGENT | gpg-connect-agent

Regards,

Craig

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @Craig_Thonis  

Thank you for the reply

Apologies for delayed response.

This issue got resolved now. Earlier we were using Kleopatra tool to encrypt the file but the Adobe's GPG public key was not getting imported properly in tool and the tool was creating its own key for encryption hence its was not matching with Adobe end's private key which causing decryption issue.

Now We used Git Bash tool to encrypt the file and same gets decrypted properly at adobe's end. 

Level 2

Hi @NeelamBakre 

This may be a very basic question but can you please let me know how to encrypt a file using

Git Bash tool ?

Any specific Link will be helpful.I am using windows.

Thank you..