Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Campaign User Groups are live now. Join our Adobe Campaign User Groups and connect with your local leaders!
SOLVED

Email delivery from external file

Level 7

Hi, I have a workflow that sends an email delivery with the content of an external file. You can see it here:

Heku__0-1694163135170.png

The format of the file is this:

Heku__1-1694163182066.png

And the content of the email is this:

Heku__5-1694163490305.png

With this Target Mapping

Heku__3-1694163307643.png

Heku__4-1694163344464.png

Targeting is working, the address to send is the same as the email in the external file.

But it fails due to personalization, if i use sentences like <%= targetData.email %> the delivery fails with this error:

Heku__6-1694163565895.png

Thank you in advance. @Manoj_Kumar_ @ParthaSarathy @Parvesh_Parmar @DavidKangni 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Heku_ ,

In data loading activity > click here to change the file format > in internal name of the email column, instead of @email, modify it to email 

ParthaSarathy_0-1694166084872.png

And in you target mapping, for EMAIL address, modify it to email

ParthaSarathy_1-1694166208759.png

~  ParthaSarathy

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Heku_ ,

In data loading activity > click here to change the file format > in internal name of the email column, instead of @email, modify it to email 

ParthaSarathy_0-1694166084872.png

And in you target mapping, for EMAIL address, modify it to email

ParthaSarathy_1-1694166208759.png

~  ParthaSarathy

Level 7

Hi @ParthaSarathy, thank you for your reply, I've tried that but the same error appears, any more ideas?

Community Advisor

Hi @Heku_ 

Could you please try the syntax of <%= dataSource.Email %> while inserting the personalization.

Regards

Akshay

Level 7

Hi @AkshayAnand, i get this error with that code: 

Error while compiling script 'content htmlContent' line 4: dataSource is not defined. SCR-#ID# Javascript&colon; error while evaluating script 'content htmlContent'.

Community Advisor

Hi @Heku_ ,

Can you Please check your Temp Table Data for the @email field by enabling the Interim Results and also go to Workflow Properties and enable it and also Please check the Data in the workflow whether you are able to "Display the Target " on the Transition and view the Data for email field.

If yes, in your delivery select that particular field from the dropdown instead of typing the syntax as shown below ie,

LakshmiPravallika_1-1694184996933.png

Please check the syntax you are getting after trying this and use it and let me know if it works.

Regards,

Pravallika.

Community Advisor

Hi @Heku_ ,

Can you Please try changing the "Internal name" in the workflow of the file mapped in the below screenshot in your Workflow from "@email" to "email" and rerun it.

LakshmiPravallika_0-1694413860936.png

Regards,

Pravallika.