Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Applying Filters on Template

Level 7

Hello All,

We are trying to find out a way to apply filters on campaign template selection while creating a new campaign.

Use-case: We have 2 Business Units, A and B provided with access in such a way that one BU cannot able to see other BU entities and vice-versa. However, few of the common entities like Templates are shared by both BU's and accessible to each other. We have 4 templates created (2 each for BU).

Requirement: Client is now asking is it possible to select the template based on BU. E.g.: when I am creating a Campaign Workflow under BU A and during template selection I should be able to see only 2 templates pertaining to that BU, not 4. Same is the case with other BU as well.

I see this is something tricky to achieve and not able to get through :(. Requesting your suggestions on the same.

Simpler way of achieving this is by segregating the templates at folder level specific to BU. However, Client seems not interested in going that way and rather want to identify from common folder only

Thanks,

SSB

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello

Doing the separation via sub-folders seems to be the common approach in this scenario as it's easier to implement.

You can look into Distributed marketing to achieve this requirement where Operators can be grouped into Organisational unit and only entities for that Org, unit will be visible to users.

You then need to place templates in the respective Org units.

The other possibility is to create a two new columns and add it in the delivery input form.

BU 1 should have column 1 and BU 2 should have column 2.

Now build a sysfilter in the nms:delivery schema extension to restrict access to these columns for operators with certain named rights .

That should enable operators to see only templates for which they have rights.

Regards,

Adhiyan

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 7

Hello Folks,

Can someone please provide pointers or suggestions on how we can achieve this

@Adhiyan @Vipul_Raghav @Amit_Kumar @Jonathon_wodnicki@Manoj_Kumar_ 

Thanks,

SSB

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello

Doing the separation via sub-folders seems to be the common approach in this scenario as it's easier to implement.

You can look into Distributed marketing to achieve this requirement where Operators can be grouped into Organisational unit and only entities for that Org, unit will be visible to users.

You then need to place templates in the respective Org units.

The other possibility is to create a two new columns and add it in the delivery input form.

BU 1 should have column 1 and BU 2 should have column 2.

Now build a sysfilter in the nms:delivery schema extension to restrict access to these columns for operators with certain named rights .

That should enable operators to see only templates for which they have rights.

Regards,

Adhiyan