Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Adobe Campaign Classic - New MySQL connection when tested gives error => MYS-230000 MySQL error 1298; Unkown or incorrect time zone : 'Pacific/Auckland'

Level 4

We have setup a new MySQL connection and when we test the connection get the following error. The time zone noted in the error is the setting for both adobe campaign and the target mysql db.  I noted one other thread regarding this issue but couldn't determine what the solution was.  

The connection is as follows (sensitive data removed).

Ken_Qrious_1-1628650302978.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

We did eventually resolve the issue.  Here is what was required from start to finish.  For the time zone error it was step 4 that fixed the problem.

1) Marketing server hosts, Install MYSQL Client on adobe campaign marketing servers. The new MYSQL client is required for a new adobe campaign connection.

2) Marketing server hosts, Create a link between libmysqlclient_r.so.18 and libmysqlclient.so.18 so that libmysqlclient_r.so.18 is recognized but redirects to libmysqlclient.so.18

3) Network, Enable network connection between adobe campaign instance and the MYSQL DB host

4) MYSQL DB, Populate DB time zone table ‘mysql.time_zone_name’  using script mysql_tzinfo_to_sql 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @Ken_Qrious 

I says I cannot do this because of the last line which says you have wrong credentials.

Greetings to New Zealand (you forgot to blur server name)

Marcel

Correct answer by
Level 4

We did eventually resolve the issue.  Here is what was required from start to finish.  For the time zone error it was step 4 that fixed the problem.

1) Marketing server hosts, Install MYSQL Client on adobe campaign marketing servers. The new MYSQL client is required for a new adobe campaign connection.

2) Marketing server hosts, Create a link between libmysqlclient_r.so.18 and libmysqlclient.so.18 so that libmysqlclient_r.so.18 is recognized but redirects to libmysqlclient.so.18

3) Network, Enable network connection between adobe campaign instance and the MYSQL DB host

4) MYSQL DB, Populate DB time zone table ‘mysql.time_zone_name’  using script mysql_tzinfo_to_sql