Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Unsegmenting in AAM URL Destination

Level 2

Hi community!

How can AAM unsegment an user in a URL destination? ie: Facebook.

Let's supose an user accepted advertising consent. I map it to Facebook and the the user cancel this consent, due to facebook is an url destination how can I unsegment this user?

Should I create a segment for users who no accepted advertising consent and exclude them in the destination?

Thanks you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi there,

That's correct, you cannot simply send unsegmented info to Facebook. As this integration is one way.

Your suggestion is right here: to create another segment in AAM of those who opted out.

Then while defining your Audience in FB for a particular campaign, you can use AND NOT or Exclude condition to suppress the second segment. Not really sure on this, but I'd recommend to test this out, and let us know here.

Cheers,

Varun Kalra

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Yes, you can create a trait of those who opted out and add it as "AND NOT" into the segment.

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi there,

That's correct, you cannot simply send unsegmented info to Facebook. As this integration is one way.

Your suggestion is right here: to create another segment in AAM of those who opted out.

Then while defining your Audience in FB for a particular campaign, you can use AND NOT or Exclude condition to suppress the second segment. Not really sure on this, but I'd recommend to test this out, and let us know here.

Cheers,

Varun Kalra

Level 2

Based on your experience, what do you think is the best way to do that? How are other users unsegmenting in url destination?