Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Marketing ID unavailable

Level 1

My company is adding a lot of new people into our system. These people will not have marketing ID's until a few days after I want to send an email out to them. Was curious how I would approach this as I usually always have the marketing ID's. Is there a way to do this without? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello @KaileyMcCourt ,

Assuming the "Marketing ID" is your own identifier and as these are new they won't have UUID or MID associated with them. 

You can still upload them into AAM via offline file ingestion and qualify traits but they won't be available in reports. These IDs can be stored in AAM prior to the ID sync  and once these IDs are synced in AAM, you will start seeing data in your segments.

You would need onboarded traits, cross-device datasource and offline files.

I hope this gives some direction to the mentioned use-case. Happy to further discuss this!

Regards

Ankita Sodhi

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello @KaileyMcCourt ,

Assuming the "Marketing ID" is your own identifier and as these are new they won't have UUID or MID associated with them. 

You can still upload them into AAM via offline file ingestion and qualify traits but they won't be available in reports. These IDs can be stored in AAM prior to the ID sync  and once these IDs are synced in AAM, you will start seeing data in your segments.

You would need onboarded traits, cross-device datasource and offline files.

I hope this gives some direction to the mentioned use-case. Happy to further discuss this!

Regards

Ankita Sodhi