Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

how to Qualify user for the onboarded trait - Immediately

Level 3

Hi,

As per my understanding, we can use event call to make any user qualify for the onboarded trait. https://clientname.demdex.net/event?d_sid=traitID

I tried this in Microsoft Edge but it doesnt seem to be working. Any idea.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello,

The d_sid=traitID should qualify the device ID to the trait. How are you checking to make sure the device has qualified into the trait?

If you're reviewing the trait in the AAM UI, please note that this is updated once daily. I would recommend reviewing your traits in the UI the next day after testing.

Regards,

Shane

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello,

The d_sid=traitID should qualify the device ID to the trait. How are you checking to make sure the device has qualified into the trait?

If you're reviewing the trait in the AAM UI, please note that this is updated once daily. I would recommend reviewing your traits in the UI the next day after testing.

Regards,

Shane

Employee
@MA1985v1 interesting.. this should work, and just tested again to confirm... Does it seem to work when using another browser or sending the request via cURL or with another utility, such as Postman? As a side note d_dpid and d_dpuuid are deprecated (still work technically), but I would suggest using d_cid=DatasourceID%01CRMID.

Employee

A user can qualify for rule based traits in real-time.  Onboarded traits are batch only.

Employee
@anhousto1 this is no longer the case. When using the d_sid key with the DCS API, it will qualify the device/profile to the trait, despite it being rule-based or onboarded.