Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Does Real Time Segment Population take Media Pixel Fires into account?

Level 2

Say I have an 1st party onboarded segment of current customers.

Total Segment Population: 10,000

Real Time Segment Population: 0

I run a media campaign against those users and have a pixel placed in DCM to capture impressions. Let's say 5,000 of those users received an ad. None of them show up on site or in-app. Just receive a media impression.

Is my Real Time Segment Population 0 or 5,000 now? I just want to understand what it means by "reaching your properties". Is that wherever your demdex pixel/DIL Code (or SSF) recognizes the same ECID? Or is it only when they show up on site?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello There,

In above mentioned situation, segment rule will decide whether Media Pixels are to be considered or not.

If segment is built on top of only onboarded traits then any traits realization which happened in real-time will not be considered and real-time population will remain as 0 only. Note: If the onboarded data is based on UUID then population will rise otherwise not.

If segment has rule-based traits and onboarded traits then we can expect the real-time population to rise to 5000.

Also, the datasource chosen for segment and rule-based traits needs to be same as the one used in pixel.

I am not sure which documentation is referred here, but I will try to explain this phrase from two aspect which I  know of:

1. With respect to DTM/Launch: "reaching your properties" means the traffic should redirect to given tool/rule so that AAM can collect data.

2. With respect to AAM: Properties means the rules present in Traits and Segments. Pixels should reach till AAM in the same fashion as they are defined within the traits/segments.

I hope this helps, please let me know for any additional question on the given matter.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello There,

In above mentioned situation, segment rule will decide whether Media Pixels are to be considered or not.

If segment is built on top of only onboarded traits then any traits realization which happened in real-time will not be considered and real-time population will remain as 0 only. Note: If the onboarded data is based on UUID then population will rise otherwise not.

If segment has rule-based traits and onboarded traits then we can expect the real-time population to rise to 5000.

Also, the datasource chosen for segment and rule-based traits needs to be same as the one used in pixel.

I am not sure which documentation is referred here, but I will try to explain this phrase from two aspect which I  know of:

1. With respect to DTM/Launch: "reaching your properties" means the traffic should redirect to given tool/rule so that AAM can collect data.

2. With respect to AAM: Properties means the rules present in Traits and Segments. Pixels should reach till AAM in the same fashion as they are defined within the traits/segments.

I hope this helps, please let me know for any additional question on the given matter.

Level 1

Sorry for bringing back this old question, but i'd like further clarification on this.

The documentation referred here is the popup shown when hovering over the info icon besides the "Real time population" header in the Segment detail page.

The full text of it, is:

"Count of devices that were a member of your segment and reached your properties during the loopback period".

If i onboard a segment from a partner, does the real time population mean how many of the users of that segment, have realized one of my traits during the loopback period? (So i can infer which % of the total population of that segment, i can actually reach)