Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

workaround to the total product lenght

Level 3

Hi to all

My client wants to register in product much information each product (at the moment I have 34 variables for each product), I can't use saint because every week the product information may change (for example product season can can change every month). I know that there is a limit of 100 byte each product, is there a workaround to avoid this limit?

Thk,

Francesco

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi there - merchandising attributes would 100 percent solve this issue

We use them on our site where we have around 20 attributes which we then crunch in a data lake later.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/page-vars/evar-merchandising.h...

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Unfortunately, SAINT seems like your best option, but to make it more efficient, you'd use SAINT + FTP. That means, you'd work with your product team to generate a new SAINT file every time products are updated. Then they would automatically upload that to an FTP server. You'd then configure Adobe to get SAINT files from that server periodically.

If everything has been programmed and configured correctly, it should be a one-time setup, and little-to-no subsequent manual work from you.

Level 3

Hi Yuhuisg and thk for your reply.

The issue that I saw on this solution is that if I import a saint I rewrite data about the previous saint.

For example:

• on 5/5/20 I import a saint with some data about product XY
  • on 6/5/20 I import a new saint with new data about product XY 
  • If I analyze product performance on 7/5/20 I will see only data of the last saint import.

Right?

Thk,

Francesco

Community Advisor

Out of interest do all of your 34 variables have the potential to change week to week or can some of them be handled through classifications? Also, of the variable where classifications don't work because they change week to week, how many have a known/limited set of possible values? e.g. I'm assuming season has 4 fixed possibilities - spring, summer, autumn, winter

Level 3

Hi AndrewWathen,

you're right, not all variables change W on W, but there are  

anyway, I read another doc. and I found that the limit on 100 bytes is only for the category and product name, the entire product string category; name; price; qnty; evar1; evar2; evar3; evar4, etc have a limit of 64k bytes, this makes me hope to be able to trace everything. 

Thk,

Francesco

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi there - merchandising attributes would 100 percent solve this issue

We use them on our site where we have around 20 attributes which we then crunch in a data lake later.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/page-vars/evar-merchandising.h...

Level 3

Hi David,

WOW!! Thk very very very much!!

You Won my positive karma (or if you want send me your paypal account a beer ahahah)

Thk very much,

have a nice day,

Francesco