Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

visitorId in Reporting API 1.4

Level 2

I had previously extracted "visitorId" from Data Warehouse API 1.4 but I am unable to do so using Reporting API 1.4-it gives the error "Element combination not supported". Is this element not available for extraction in Reporting API 1.4?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

@prerna,

DWH contains a separate column called visitorID that's why when you use source as warehouse it works but normal API does not have any such column. If you check in workspace or R&A there is no such out of the box column available which capture the visitor ID by default hence it throws an error. 

If you want to pull visitor ID from normal API 1.4 without using source: warehouse, you would need to capture the visitor IDs in a custom dimension(evar/prop) and fetch data for that variable.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

@prerna Are you trying to pull the data for visitor ID column of DWH?

Correct API element or dimension for that is visitor_id. It would give you Visitor ID data from DWH. 

Level 2
@vibhatna- The id for dimension visitor_id is 'visitorid' and I am able to correctly retrieve this from DWH as shown in the screenshot (added screenshot in question) when i specify 'source':'warehouse' in the request body. My question, however, is when i remove 'source':'warehouse' and simply want to using the Reporting API 1.4, the same id, i.e, 'visitor_id' gives me an error saying "Element combination not supported".

Level 2

Hey where is the screenshot? I cant find it in the question

Correct answer by
Employee

@prerna,

DWH contains a separate column called visitorID that's why when you use source as warehouse it works but normal API does not have any such column. If you check in workspace or R&A there is no such out of the box column available which capture the visitor ID by default hence it throws an error. 

If you want to pull visitor ID from normal API 1.4 without using source: warehouse, you would need to capture the visitor IDs in a custom dimension(evar/prop) and fetch data for that variable.

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?