Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

User journey not always in pathing reports

Level 5

Hi, I noticed that not every user journey is being recorded in the pathing reports. While I can see the pages and other values in the respective reports from a specific user, I fail to get the full path taken by that user. What's he criteria to find a full path in the respective report? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You are right. The full path report is indeed limited to a visit depth of 8 pages. A visitor journey longer than that would not be recorded. 

Thanks!

Tanmay

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi, 

Could you please confirm me if pathing is enabled on that particular report suite? Pathing is report suite specific. Also let me know which prop collects the pathing data. 

Thanks.

Tanmay

Level 5

TanmayM wrote...

Hi, 

Could you please confirm me if pathing is enabled on that particular report suite? Pathing is report suite specific. Also let me know which prop collects the pathing data. 

Thanks.

Tanmay

Yes, in general it is enabled. I can see paths. Maybe the problem is - I just realized - the limitation to 8 pages visits? The specific user journey was longer.

I tried to look at the Full Path report for the pageName variable.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You are right. The full path report is indeed limited to a visit depth of 8 pages. A visitor journey longer than that would not be recorded. 

Thanks!

Tanmay